Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brought new fitbit versa and have doubt on step count.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi All....

I received my fitbit 2 days ago from Flipkart(INDIA).

After un-boxing I observed that charger has something broken inside(I can hear bumping sound of inner components even with slight shaking) so i requested for replacement.

Flipkart executive call me and suggested me to use charger and see if everything is working fine.

(Charger worked fine).

So today I started using versa and synced with my mobile.

Now i am observing that it is measuring step count more that I am actually walking.

In 3-5 hours it has measured 6502 steps while I am in office and not walking too much and my active minutes shown are 8 minutes and 12 floor.

I also observed that my traveling on bike is also increased step counts.

Could you please suggest me whether I should return it immediately or continue using it for couple of days and then replace.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @AbhilashGaikwad 

Step count is accrued off & from your arm movements.  Just sitting & raising your arm up & down will add to your daily step total.

Why it is in Versa instructions to place Versa on your non dominant wrist.  You move it less!

User manual: https://staticcs.fitbit.com/content/assets/help/manuals/manual_versa_en_US.pdf See pages 11 & 12.

Regarding the charger?  Contact support for further advice: https://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs

Blaze, Surge, Ionic and Versa1. I am not a FitBit employee.
Best Answer

Appreciate your help 😊 @GrubbyDuck

I am wearing Versa on my non dominant wrist and at a finger's width.

Observed  step count increasing by 2 for single step.

My step count is increased by almost 400 since last post and I have walked hardly 100 mtr.

Also observed that I am getting whatsapp notification as "???????" in versa.

Is it  expected ?  or we can read actual text on screen?

Why I am concern about this is I have 6 days to ask for replace.😄

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes