Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I choose which apps use vibration?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got a Versa and I love that I can see my notifications from apps such as SMS, Instagram, Messenger etc. However, in order to reduce how much I'm being notified via vibration, I'd like to only receive the vibration notifications from SMS (text messages). I still want to be able to check my notifications for the other apps though via the pulldown notification list at the top of my screen. Is it possible to limit which apps vibrate my Versa while still having access to their notifications/content? My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S7 if that matters. Thanks. 

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi, AFAIK this is not possible. Your Versa will vibrate with all notifications you have enabled and can not be done for every notification seperately. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I've actually found a workaround for this. I set my phone to "Do Not Disturb" and allowed text messages as an exception. Then within the Fitbit app under Notifications I deselected the "Always Vibrate" option. I then went into my phone settings and under Notifications I chose my text messaging app, then under "Incoming Messages" I clicked on the category I wanted (either default or specific contacts as per your favourites list) and checked the option "Do not disturb custom exception". This explanation sounds confusing lol but I kept playing around with things until I found what works for me. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes