Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I control music from my phone with Versa?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can anyone help - I know you can store and play music on the watch itself on the Versa (like the Ionic) ... but what I need to know is can I control music playing on my phone from the watch (like my Blaze does). I need to have my phone connected via aux to stereo in my fitness classes and stop/start my tracks from across the room. Really want it ... but this is my deciding point. Ta

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
61 REPLIES 61

How do you control the music to the iPhone?

thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I love you.  Thanks!  Totally needed this for my PE class!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
😌
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi.  Am thinking of getting the versa and want to know how it works with spotify.  I would love to download music from spotify onto the watch and be able to listen to music w/o my phone with me (like when running).  Is this possible? 

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not at the moment. 

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes you can! Hold in the left button and slide to music controls and click
the little phone icon. I use Apple Music and it controls via Bluetooth
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yep! Holds up to 300 songs
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Thom33pson I believe @KRobatsu is asking about Spotify. Currently, versa does not support Spotify playlist downloads.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems like such a basic function, had it on my prebble, why didn't it make it onto Fitbit Versa?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks!!!!  I could not figure this out for the life of me! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I wish they had pebble was amazing! Which music app do you use?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes you can, hold in the left button and go to music controls and select
the phone icon. That will allow you to control your music on phone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Please explain Bluetooth classic.  thnx

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Criska wrote:

Are you able to connect your versa to spotify or only music in your phone? Also, when you connect your versa as bluetooth classic my phone connects only as input device, not audio device....any solution?

Please explain Bluetooth classic.  thnx

Best Answer
0 Votes

Took me maybe 45 minutes to even get to this point. I got it working but I seriously wish Fitbit had a better UI or more instructions. The screen is too small to even describe the necessary steps to set it up.

Thanks to your post, I realized what "pair" meant vs. "on". For clarification, the Versa needs to be paired with the phone, which can be found in the phone's bluetooth settings. Scan for Bluetooth devices from your phone and click to connect. Then your Fitbit will say something like, the phone is in control. At this point, you need to play something on your phone, e.g. music from Google Play Music. The screen that shows up when you hold the left button down on the Fitbit will now have the music control screen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This works great, but you have to sync your fitbit while the music playing on your phone

Best Answer
0 Votes

Worked for me 🙂 Many thanks!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me but not initially. I had to wait till I left from work to home and then it finally worked! Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I get it to stop doing this it does it automatically in my battery dies within a couple of days instead of the week or week and a half that I get out of it

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. This was very helpful. There is an output option also. 

Best Answer
0 Votes