Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I download C25k on Versa 2?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, looking into buying a versa 2.

Can I download a c25k app to it and go running with out my phone? 

I Have you run carrying my phone in my hand for my head phones to connect and use the app etc but would love to have a watch to do this so that I can use the c25k app and link my headphones 

Is this possible? Or do I need to look at the versa 3

Thanks

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Kitkate21 and welcome to the Help forum.  There is a C25k app for the Fitbit smartwatches, but there are differences between the phone app and the Fitbit app.  The phone app gives you audio feedback, but the Fitbit app can only give vibration feedback.  There is another issue if you use the Exercise app on your current Fitbit to track your runs.  Both apps must run in the foreground.  You can use one or the other, but not both.

Getting a Versa 3 won't make a difference. 

Have you thought about an armband or nice running belt instead of having to hold your phone? 

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hello @Kitkate21 and welcome to the Help forum.  There is a C25k app for the Fitbit smartwatches, but there are differences between the phone app and the Fitbit app.  The phone app gives you audio feedback, but the Fitbit app can only give vibration feedback.  There is another issue if you use the Exercise app on your current Fitbit to track your runs.  Both apps must run in the foreground.  You can use one or the other, but not both.

Getting a Versa 3 won't make a difference. 

Have you thought about an armband or nice running belt instead of having to hold your phone? 

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

Thank you so much, that's really helpful. I'm still using a fitbit charge which I've had since 2018 I think so doesn't do half the stuff a versa will.

I don't currently track any runs, I'm mostly a walker and do spin classes but want to run again hence starting with the c25k app. Vibration will be fine actually. Can I use an app for music? I tried a belt and an armband before but they got on my nerves and that was a previous smaller phone. 

Really appreciate all the info! Thanks!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us and for sharing your questions @Kitkate21

You can control music with Versa 2, Charge 2 doesn´t have this feature.

1. If you have an Android or Windows 10 phone, first turn on Bluetooth Classic to control music on your phone. If you have an iPhone, skip this step.
    1. Open the Settings app 

on your Fitbit device 

Bluetooth 

Restore Music Controls.
    2. On your phone, navigate to the Bluetooth settings where paired devices are listed. Your phone will scan for available devices.
    3. When you see Classic next to your Fitbit device, tap it.
  2. While music is playing on your phone, swipe down from the top of your screen on your watch. After your notifications appear, swipe down again to open the control center. Tap the music controls icon 

3. You might need to change the audio source to your phone if you previously listened to music stored on your watch. Tap the 3 dots, then tap the phone icon to change the audio source to your phone.

If you have a Spotify Premium account, access additional music controls by using the Spotify app. For more information, see How do I control music playing on Spotify?

Keep on visiting the forums.

Best Answer

@Kitkate21   I hope another user can chime in about real experience with what you are trying to accomplish.  I always have my phone with me.  I listen to Pandora and Amazon Music.  The Pandora and Deezer apps on the Versa 2/3 requires a paid subscription and I'm too cheap.  Fitbit doesn't support Amazon Music.  Like I wrote, the C25k app must run in the foreground.  I just don't know if you can control or change your music once you start the C25k app.

Since your current tracker is in the Charge family, I want to explain a little about Spotify.  The Spotify app is a Connect and Control app.  It connects to and controls music from your phone.  You must have your phone with you.

The Versa 2 lets you transfer personal music (in theory).  I put personal music on my Versa 2 a while ago.  But it used 10% of the battery every hour and I didn't expect that.  Every now and then a current Versa 2 users asks for help transferring music.  They describe problems I never encountered.  I stopped offering help.

The Versa 3 doesn't let you transfer personal music.  A paid subscription to Pandora or Deezer is required.

I wish I could give you a step-by-step how-to do do exactly what you want, but I can't.

I also think an armband is annoying.  I use a running belt for my phone and my stuff.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply! All of that is super helpful! I have decided to go for the versa 2!! I was worried about making the change but looking forward to my new purchase thanks to all your information!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us and I'm glad to hear that the providedi information helped you deciding for a Versa 2 @Kitkate21.

You can check user's manual here.

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer
0 Votes