Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I swim with my Versa 2?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’m going swimming, is it safe to swim with a Versa 2, is there a water lock or not?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @JB1234567. Welcome to the Community Forums. 

Most Fitbit devices are water-resistant to 50 meters. They're designed to be swimproof and stand up to even the sweatiest of workouts.

Keep in mind that not all of our accessory bands should get wet, like those made of leather, metal, and woven materials. For more information about wearing your Fitbit device, see our Wear and Care page.

Water resistance may diminish over time and can be negatively impacted by any of the following:

• Dropping the device.
  • Exposing the device to soaps, shampoos, conditioners, perfume, insect repellent, lotions, or sunscreen.
  • Exposing the device to high-velocity water (for example, during water sports).

If your device gets wet, it’s important to take it off and dry it well before putting it back on. If your device comes into contact with any liquid other than fresh water, you should clean it with fresh water and a soap-free cleanser (like Cetaphil) and dry it with a lint free-cloth.

Note Versa 2 doesn't have a water lock option. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi there, @JB1234567. Welcome to the Community Forums. 

Most Fitbit devices are water-resistant to 50 meters. They're designed to be swimproof and stand up to even the sweatiest of workouts.

Keep in mind that not all of our accessory bands should get wet, like those made of leather, metal, and woven materials. For more information about wearing your Fitbit device, see our Wear and Care page.

Water resistance may diminish over time and can be negatively impacted by any of the following:

• Dropping the device.
  • Exposing the device to soaps, shampoos, conditioners, perfume, insect repellent, lotions, or sunscreen.
  • Exposing the device to high-velocity water (for example, during water sports).

If your device gets wet, it’s important to take it off and dry it well before putting it back on. If your device comes into contact with any liquid other than fresh water, you should clean it with fresh water and a soap-free cleanser (like Cetaphil) and dry it with a lint free-cloth.

Note Versa 2 doesn't have a water lock option. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

@JB1234567 Basically, they are sold as swim proof. However, the seals can weaken and if you search the forums, they have failed. If you're under warranty and bought from an authorized retailer, you'd be covered. If you're beyond warranty, you're on your own taking it for a swim. 

Best Answer
Thanks!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks! Used it for first time today and so far so good but I know my daughter’s Fitbit has a definite water lock.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @JB1234567 - you can certainly swim with your watch while it is under warranty because if it fails it can be replaced.

Only the Versa 3 has a water lock.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer