Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I swim with the Versa in the SEA?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, 

I have that basic question because I need to see if the sea water is going to harm my Fitbit at all?

Thanks for the response. 

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

I went swimming in the sea (splashing around with my grandkids) 2 weeks ago, heart rate monitor & sleep monitor have not worked since then, no green light on sensor.I have tried rebooting, factory reset, syncing etc. etc. but no luck.Strongly advise you not to wear versa in the sea.

Best Answer

My Fitbit stopped working as soon as I swim in the ocean. It was fine seeing the pool but it does not do well with the ocean salt water. I highly recommend not the same with the Fitbit in any salt water. 

Best Answer

That description fits my experience. I am not a swimmer, so my Versa 2 was occasionally splashed with water in the kitchen, or gardening, etc. Then I went to the Caribbean and the first day I waded into the water Versa got a little wet. I dried it off when I got out of the water. That night it charged, but when I unplugged it to wear the charge immediately went to 8%. Now it won't charge at all. It's beyond the warranty period. Is there a repair option, or is it dead?

Best Answer
0 Votes