Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I transfer music from my Android to my Versa?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I don't have a computer but an android phone. I can I transfer the music from phone to the fitbit 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

No, I'm afraid you need a computer to transfer music you own. See: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2251/

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

No, I'm afraid you need a computer to transfer music you own. See: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2251/

Best Answer
Best Answer

In this age of ease of use, not sure why fitbit didn't even think of syncing music from mobile to versa. 

Its a big set back for users who dont have PC as the world is going mobile or coming on portable devices which has android as large user base.

An honest review... music feature with its compulsions and complexities ___ versa is not worth it... 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @j_usmani! Well, yes, it would be a great addition if we could add music directly from our smartphones to the Versa. I appreciate your feedback my friend, our team really appreciate your comments, since they help us out to know which areas need improvements so we can keep providing a great fitness experience.  

Keep me posted if you have further questions or comments! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Why does the recommended site (fitbit.com/setup) for music addition show the software available from Android Store (Google Play), Apple Store (App Store), and WIndows Store?  This is misleading if the Android version won't allow music transfer.  There should be at least a Chromebook version from the Chrome store. 

This is even more amazing when you consider that some features, like replying to text messages only works with Android phones.  Why does that work, but music transfer doesn't?

Asking for a friend.

Best Answer

Hello @Agitator currently Chrome is a browser based operating system, and like it is currently impossible to sync your Fitbit through the web browser it is .still impossible to sync through Chrome. This is a limitation of the Chrome OS and Fitbit needs to work within their limitations. 

As for responding, this works with both Android and Microsoft phone, Apple has blocked this feature with this parties.

As for music, it doesn't work because of a decision Fitbit made, I don't think any Fitbit user know why? Have you added your vote to the feature suggestion like to above.

Best Answer

Using phone to phone data transfer program could be a great choice.

It allows you to transfer music between different system.

Best Answer

This seems to be restricted to Windows users. I run Mac and Linux. FitBit need to get up to date and go multiplatform. This proprietary stuff is soooooo 1950s.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Frisket IDK if it worked on Mac before, but Fitbit removed this feature in October. Windows won't work anymore either. 

Best Answer

Hi HeydyF, 

I realize this is an old post, but the problem is still current.  Fitbit has essentially made it impossible for me to transfer my personal music to my device, and it looks like I just missed the chance to do this, because of the rather dictatorial decision to do away with the Windows app.  I have music that I paid for, since I prefer downloading my music and owning it, rather than having to pay for a music streaming app to be able to listen to music using my Versa.  I don't even get the choice to use my free subscriptions on Spotify/Pandora.  I am literally being forced by Fitbit to pay every month to listen to the music that I already own.  That is BS.  And now I find out that there isn't any other way to get my music on my device?!  And I missed it by 3 months?!  I can't even begin to convey how upset this makes me.  And I am not the only person that has been majorly inconvenienced by this.  If you are taking away the desktop application, then Fitbit NEEDS to provide an alternate way to get my personal music files onto my smart device.  I am so disappointed.  Will definitely be looking into a more user-friendly device if this isn't resolved.  I am done with having options taken away from me, and having my hand forced.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @JRaven

HeydyF's status is "Moderator Alum". She is no longer around. In case you were expecting a reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit has never let us download personal music through the phone. 

Spotify also has never been downloadable, the Spotify app only controlled the Spotify player on the phone. 

Pandora, do to their policy, requires a Pandora paid subscription.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

And now Google has Fubar'd the whole thing by not letting us download music by any means, I am very dissatisfied with the whole thing in that this was one of the features I liked on the Versa 2. Now I have a device that I can connect to a bluetooth headset but nothing to listen to. What a cluster you know what! I will probably not buy a Fitbit again which Google could probably care less about as I believe they bought Fitbit to stifle competition and drive users to their product ....

Best Answer