Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can personal music be stored on Versa 3?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

hope that Versa3 could have enough space to store 300+ personal music on its own rom

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @popzza, welcome to the community.

Under music experience on the product page there is no mention of storing personal music files, all that's said is the following.

"Store and play music & podcasts on Deezer or Pandora and control Spotify from your wrist—then, use them to stay motivated with curated playlists specifically made for your favorite workouts."

As far as I'm aware this is only referring to storing offline playlists on Deezer and Pandora. Seeing as the device doesn't support Windows 10, currently there would be no way to transfer your own files across. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
58 REPLIES 58

Hi @popzza, welcome to the community.

Under music experience on the product page there is no mention of storing personal music files, all that's said is the following.

"Store and play music & podcasts on Deezer or Pandora and control Spotify from your wrist—then, use them to stay motivated with curated playlists specifically made for your favorite workouts."

As far as I'm aware this is only referring to storing offline playlists on Deezer and Pandora. Seeing as the device doesn't support Windows 10, currently there would be no way to transfer your own files across. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

@popzza short answer no. It seems Fitbit is moving towards integration with cloud services and streaming like Pandora and Deezer. The playlist of these services can be downloaded for offline listening. Let's hope there's Spotify offline support in the future and perhaps YouTube music, with it being a Google product and all.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer

Hello, being able to save personal music offline  is a must have...

Best Answer

I transfer music from my computer to my versa 2, I am guessing you can do the same with Versa 3. I am not sure about the storage capacity but I uploaded 25 mins of music to start.

Best Answer

Hello,

I think that decision doesn't make sense. In Versa 2 we had the option to store music offline, but we didn't have GPS for our runs, so we had to take the Smartphone, now with Versa 3 we have GPS but without the option to store music offline, so we have to take the smartphone, why?

It seems more like a setback than an innovation

Best Answer

vote for this option please. there is already one for Sense.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Save-personal-music-on-Versa-3/idi-p/4474372

Best Answer

Not a Google product yet as the deal is still going through regulatory approval.

Best Answer

No you can't as the Versa 3 is not compatible with Windows 10.  You can only use streaming services Pandora and Deezer or use the watch to control Spotify on your phone.

Best Answer

I was thinking the same thing. Doesn't seem to make any..."Sense", in my opinion.

Best Answer

I just got the new Versa 3 and will be returning it.  I wanted a fitness watch that:

1.  Had a speaker so I can do voice to text.  The versa 3 does.

2.  Has built-in GPS.  The versa 3 does.

3.  Is smaller than the Ionic.  I love my Ionic features, but it's so big for my petite wrist.  The versa 3 looks a little smaller, with a slightly thinner band, but not by much.

4.  Stores music so I don't have to bring my phone on a run.  The versa 3 does, but with major restrictions.

You can only "download" music from Spotify or Deezer, which means you are required to have a premium account with either of them.  I refuse to pay for an extra monthly fee just to put music on my watch when I already have thousands of mp3 files I could have easily transferred.  For this reason, the watch is going back.  I will stick with my Ionic until I receive the new Garmin Vivoactive S4.  It has a lot of the features my ionic does, with a smaller profile, and although doesn't have a speaker, has better custom quick reply capabilities.

It's a bummer, I've been with Fitbit for years, but forcing people to buy premium music is just plain wrong.

Best Answer

I received my Versa 3 a couple of days ago and received a "See what your Versa 3" can do welcome email today.

Following the link in the email to "How do I listen to Music and Podcasts" I'm dismayed to find a footnote that storing own music (ie non Spotify) is not an available feature on the Versa 3, but has been on previous Versa models. 

How is that a progress in technology?  Surely those of us with loads of iTunes music want to be able to copy music tracks across to our watch so that we have it when we run.  Instead we are forced to take our phone with us.  Come on Fitbit, this isn't progress !

Best Answer

Nope. They actually didn't not put this feature into the Versa 3, even though it was in the Versa 2.  This is kind of a dealbreaker for me.  I keep checking the Community forum to see if there's any mention that they plan to add it to the Versa 3 / Sense, but so far I've not seen any indication that they will.

Best Answer

Trying to understand what Windows 10 compatibility has to do with it?  The Versa 2 could do it, using the Fitbit app on Windows 10.  Seems to me this is much more likely due to a revenue-sharing agreement between Fitbit and the music streaming services not to put the feature on the Versa 3 or Sense and force users to use these paid subscription services instead.  Pretty disappointing. 

Best Answer

I would have kept my versa 2 if I’d known  thought great gps leave phone at home  but nooo it’s rubbish for that  wouldn’t have been that keen to upgrade if I’d known in advance I have Apple Music and Spotify I’m not buying Deezer too   Get a grip Fitbit 

Best Answer

Very disappointing to find out that need Spotify Premium via new fitbit versa 3. Not happy to pay extra so returning fitbit back and will keep charge 3 for now

Moderator Edit: Content

Best Answer

Unfortunately, no, you can't with the Versa 3. 😞 Stupidly, Fitbit removed that feature from the 3. Really dumb move. I didn't find that out until I received mine. Needless to say, I'm returning it.

Best Answer

I think that decision doesn't make sense. In Versa 2 we had the option to store music offline, but we didn't have GPS for our runs, so we had to take the Smartphone, now with Versa 3 we have GPS but without the option to store music offline, so we have to take the smartphone, why?

It seems more like a setback than an innovation

Best Answer

I wish I could!! I just bought a Versa 2 for the fact I want to download music only to find out that my Dell computer is not compatible with Fitbit Connect App! Why don't they tell you this before you buy? So frustrating

Best Answer

Fitbit has removed the functionality of storing personal music files on Versa 3, this was available on Versa 2, they have removed this 😞

Please restore this functionality or many people will return their Versa 3 once they realise this has happened.

Best Answer