Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add a network to my Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can't get my Versa to connect to wifi. Some time ago I factory reset my Fitbit because something was acting up(not really related here), and when I set it up again it wouldn't let me connect to the wifi. When I got the page that said connect to wifi and pressed next it would just go back and ask me to try again until it let me just skip that step. And now recently I wanted to add some music to my watch and that required me to be connected to wifi, but when I tried adding it in the app it just loads and gives me an error at the bottom saying ''An error occurred while trying to obtain the list of configured networks.''. I've tried using both the Windows 10 app and the android app and none of them worked. I've factory reset the watch again, unpaired and repaired and restarted, reinstalled the app. Does anyone know how to solve this issue? Most people that have a problem with the wifi just restart the watch and it works.

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hi, if you want Wifi to work with your Versa, you have to do the following:

1. Put your Versa in the charger and connect it to your PC.

2. For certainty, connect your phone also to your PC.

3. In the Fitbit app, go to WiFi settings and press it.

4. Normally you will see there the name of your home's network (make sure that both devices are near your router).

5. If you do not see the name of your network, press "add new network" and Fitbit will start searching for your network.

6. If Fitbit finds your network, press it and add manually the password of your router.

7, After having done that and password accpted, you will see the name of your network with right next ti itm the WiFi icon in white.

8. Press the Wifi icon and Fitbit will start connecting to your network. Once that's established, the icon turns to blue and says connected.

9. To check whether your Versa is now also connected to WiFi, press settings on your Versa, scroll down to Device info, press that too and if you see an IP address there, your Versa is connected to WiFi and you can transfer music to it.

Mind though that your Versa will only stay connected to WiFi as long as it's in the charger and connected to your PC. This is because the Versa does not have WiFi on it's own but uses your PC/Phone as a bridge to connect to WiFi.  

Best Answer

@ThePineapple It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! I'm happy to assist you with your Fitbit Versa since it's not connecting to your WiFi.

I'd just like to know if the issue persists or if your Versa could be connected to your network and Dashboard after following the great troubleshooting steps that shared @SunsetRunner.

If you found his post helpful, please accept it as a solution so other users that experience the same issue can find it easier.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

Thank you for checking up on it. I get stuck at point 4 when following @SunsetRunner 's instructions. As I mentioned before I don't get any option except a small pop-up at the bottom saying ''An error occurred while trying to obtain the list of configured networks.'' and an option to retry that doesn't really do anything. I added a picture to show you what I see if I'm a bit unclear when describing it.Screenshot_20190509-182259.jpg

Best Answer

Hi, two things:

1. Which router are you using?

2. Reset your router and take car your Versa and phone are right next to it and try again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello. I am using UniFi access points from Ubiquiti, but I don't think this really matters as the problem is that it won't let me search and add new networks. When opening the WiFi settings my Versa doesn't even show the WiFi symbol it's supposed to show when searching for networks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, you wrote: "When opening the WiFi settings my Versa doesn't even show the WiFi symbol it's supposed to show when searching for networks." This confuses me, cause you need to setup your home network via the WiFi settings in the Fitbit app, or did you mean that??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry for the confusion. I was talking about a symbol that was showing up on the Versa display when adding new networks from the Fitbit app on your phone. I'm not sure if the icon still shows up when adding new networks anymore. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad that this is sorted out. I have never seen a symbol on my Versa during the setup of my home network in my Fitbit app. Strange.

Best Answer
0 Votes