Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't clear notifications (RESOLVED)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 6/5

Hey there, Versa Fam!

Thanks so much for your patience with this issue of clearing notifications from the watch. Our team has identified a fix for this that will release in a future firmware update. 

I'm not sure when the next firmware update will be rolled out, just know it should include the fix for this. In the meantime, please give your Versa a restart if you have trouble "clearing all" the notifications off. After the restart, your notifications will be gone. 

Fitbit Update: 2/27

Hi everyone! 

I just wanted to follow-up with you all that have come across any difficulty clearing notifications on their Versa. I've experienced this myself a few times and a restart has always resolved the problem. Please give the watch a restart as your go-to troubleshooting step. 

Our team is aware of this ongoing problem and working on a permanent fix. Please stay subscribed to this thread for future updates on this topic. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
297 REPLIES 297

Do it on your Versa watchs settings 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a new Versa and all of a sudden it stopped me from clearing my notifications. It was fine till yesterday and there are three Ring notifications that will not clear, now if I get a new notifications I can’t clear them either. 

Best Answer

Exactly what I needed for that pesky message that wouldn’t clear. Thank you for sharing!

Best Answer

thanks worked

Best Answer
0 Votes

Perfect. It worked. Thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Restart you Versa a couple of times and try to clear them again.

Restart your tracker

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I am on iPhone and I received a snapchat 3 days ago and the notification of it will not clear when I tap clear 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had this happen a few times on my Versa using an Android OnePlus 5.  I had to restart my Versa to get the notifications to clear.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much!! 

Best Answer

perfect... worked first time. had the one message that would not clear. So glad I found your solution! Thank you!

Best Answer

Thank you!! It worked just as you said!!

Best Answer

I've also been seeing the "Action Failed" error occasionally since the OS3.0 update, and had a stuck whatsapp notification for the last few days. I was just able to clear it by restarting (hold the left and bottom buttons until logo). I had no notification issues at all since getting my Versa several months ago, until the update. Granted, it isn't a critical bug but it is the only one I have ever seen with this solid watch. 

Best Answer

Thank you so much. I have been frustrated with that for a long time and didn’t know how to  turn the phone off. Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I keep having this and i have to keep rebooting.  Its driving me insane! Is there a way to fix it? Im sometimes rebooting 2/3 times a day! Tia x

Best Answer

Try using another Clock Face. Since I changed what I was using the error never happens again 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree. After I changed my clock face it saved on battery life as well

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Try to Change your clock face like posted earlier

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much, I had a message on my versa all day that wouldn’t clear. Weird thing is, it wasn’t on my phone. The reset worked, I didn’t even know I could reset. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

my settings don’t have about in them. just brightness and display awake.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@NoahS wrote:

my settings don’t have about in them. just brightness and display awake.

Best Answer
0 Votes