Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't clear notifications (RESOLVED)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 6/5

Hey there, Versa Fam!

Thanks so much for your patience with this issue of clearing notifications from the watch. Our team has identified a fix for this that will release in a future firmware update. 

I'm not sure when the next firmware update will be rolled out, just know it should include the fix for this. In the meantime, please give your Versa a restart if you have trouble "clearing all" the notifications off. After the restart, your notifications will be gone. 

Fitbit Update: 2/27

Hi everyone! 

I just wanted to follow-up with you all that have come across any difficulty clearing notifications on their Versa. I've experienced this myself a few times and a restart has always resolved the problem. Please give the watch a restart as your go-to troubleshooting step. 

Our team is aware of this ongoing problem and working on a permanent fix. Please stay subscribed to this thread for future updates on this topic. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
297 REPLIES 297

Morning. 

Its actually on your Versa Watch, not through the App. Go to your main screen in the watch and scroll through to the 3rd page (on mine) and you will find settings. Press on that one and then still down to the bottom and go to About, then Shutdown. The Versa will turn off but will turn itself back on. It worked to clear mine. Good luck 

Best Answer

I'm using an Iphone with my versa, tried clearing individual messages and clearing all, I still have about 6 messages stuck there

resetting the watch every time i want to clear the messages just isn't a good enough answer and clearly requires attention from fitbit

its these small attention to detail things that annoy and loose customers if not acknowledged and rectified quickly

Best Answer

I have tried to delet some notifications but they will not clear when i hit the clear . I turned off the notification button but the ones I receive from it will not clear . 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer

Hi, see second post of this topic . Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Ron69, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's always nice seeing you around @SunsetRunner, thanks for all your help. Smiley Happy

@Ron69, I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. At this moment, I would like to suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps kindly provided by @SunsetRunner and if you need anything else or if you need further assistance, please reply to us, we'll be happy to help. 

Thanks for your patience, have a great day. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

That worked. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!!!

Best Answer

Worked for me first Try! Thanks man 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried to clear all repeatedly to no avail. I even removed the email from my phone to prevent it from adding any more but the old ones are still there. Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, this is a well known issue and I answered on that before with suc6:

Hi, since your Versa deletes every notifications but ONE, I would advice you to reboot your watch and see if that solves your problem. Rebooting is simple:

1. Go to settings, scroll down to about and then scroll down to shutdown. Once your watch has been shut down, wait for a short time and then press the home button (left one) to start your Versa again.

2. Press and hold the left and right lower buttons together and wait untill the Fitbit Logo appears on you display and release the buttons. Hope this helps also for you.

Best Answer

Would this be the solution if its three different notifications not clearing from the Versa?  I've cleared all notifications multiple times with no luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

AFAIK, yes it would. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me. Thanks for helping out. 

Best Answer

Devices: 

Fitbit Versa (received on Christmas 2018 and has the latest software update).

iPhoneX (has the latest IOS software update and the latest Fitbit app update).

Issue:

iPhone Message and Calendar event notifications will not clear on the Versa watch. However, these notifications will clear on the phone.

Temporary Solution:

Restarting the Versa watch provides only a temporary solution until the next notifications are received by the watch. 

Other Steps Taken:

Restart iPhone and Versa watch. Unpair iPhone from Versa watch, then re-pair both devices. Turn off and then on all notifications that were paired from iPhone to Versa watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You should have an option to clear all notifications by swiping down on the watch face.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am having the same issue. I try to clear them all and clear them one at a time, but nothing works. They immediately show up again. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Update: 1/9/19

Hey, everyone! 

Thanks for your reports about not being able to always clear off notifications from your Versa. Many of you have tried a restart on the watch and it will usually resolve the issue. Please try this as your first troubleshoot.

If you give this a shot and it happens again, our team is aware and working on a longterm fix. Please stay subscribed to this thread for future updates on this topic. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you - had this issue and this sorted it for me x

Best Answer
0 Votes

It worked thank you so much 👍

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! this worked perfectly

Best Answer
0 Votes