Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't control Spotify music through my Versa 3 during my runs

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My old Fitbit versa lite would allow me to swipe down to control the music playing from my Spotify during a run or exercise. My new Fitbit versa 3 doesn’t seem to have that feature!! Please help. I’m getting really aggravated 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Kaystew Hello! You can control your music while you’re running! Simply set music control as your “press and hold” option in the settings and voila!

Go into Settings > Shortcuts > Press & Hold > then select Music. 

Now when you’re run or walk or whatever activity is on your watch, you just press and hold the side button and music controls will pop up and will not impact your workout. To get back to the workout screen, just swipe right on the watch. 

Hope that helps!

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi there @Kaystew, welcome to the Community Forums. I understand how you must be feeling. 

Note with Versa 3 you can only start a playlist before doing an activity but while doing an activity, you cannot skip, pause or even change the volume of songs until you end the exercise.

For more information, see: How do I control music playing on Spotify? and How do I control music with my Fitbit device? 

Let me know if you have any questions present. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

@Kaystew Hello! You can control your music while you’re running! Simply set music control as your “press and hold” option in the settings and voila!

Go into Settings > Shortcuts > Press & Hold > then select Music. 

Now when you’re run or walk or whatever activity is on your watch, you just press and hold the side button and music controls will pop up and will not impact your workout. To get back to the workout screen, just swipe right on the watch. 

Hope that helps!

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

Thank you! It fixed the issue 

Best Answer

May work for Music Controls but doesn't work for Spotify. When I press and hold it pauses the activity and prompts to Stop.

Best Answer

@CuruiosGeorge- Just use Music controls from using the default double press to control your phone Spottily music.

You can leave Music controls as primary view [or even volume] and swipe right to go back to prior views to see activity [or simple press the button].

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes