Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't download any apps or clock faces on my new Versa 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have just purchased a versa 2 and it will not let me download any apps.  They all come up as unavailable.  That includes watch faces and find my phone. The phone is up to date and I have tried rebooting the phone, but I still have the same issue. Help!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @sprazey. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa 2 before reaching out. @Guy_ Thank you so much for your help! 

Since you have just setup your Versa 2 it may appear up to date but it needs another update. If your Fitbit device is running an old firmware version it won't allow you download certain apps or clock faces (for the time being). The latest update isn't available until up to 48-72 hours after setup. 

If you've waited longer than 72 hours, Id recommend performing a factory reset on your Versa 2 to see if this allows you to upgrade your watch to the latest version. Before doing this step, please make sure to sync your Versa 2 to your Fitbit app so all your data is sync and up-to-date. Nevertheless, take into consideration that a factory reset deletes any stored data, which includes all data that hasn't synced to your Fitbit account, your applications, alarms, etc.

With that being said, follow the steps below to complete the factory reset:

1. Hold the back button for about 8 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears:
    1. Release the button briefly (for less than 2 seconds). 
    2. Hold the button again until you feel a second, longer vibration, which indicates you initiated the factory reset. 

You can follow the steps to set up the device after that: How do I set up my Fitbit device?

Once the above has been done, please allow your watch 48 hours to see if the update is available and ready for you to download.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @sprazey - for a new watch there is a problem, see this help Incorrect Set up of a new device 

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Hi there, @sprazey. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa 2 before reaching out. @Guy_ Thank you so much for your help! 

Since you have just setup your Versa 2 it may appear up to date but it needs another update. If your Fitbit device is running an old firmware version it won't allow you download certain apps or clock faces (for the time being). The latest update isn't available until up to 48-72 hours after setup. 

If you've waited longer than 72 hours, Id recommend performing a factory reset on your Versa 2 to see if this allows you to upgrade your watch to the latest version. Before doing this step, please make sure to sync your Versa 2 to your Fitbit app so all your data is sync and up-to-date. Nevertheless, take into consideration that a factory reset deletes any stored data, which includes all data that hasn't synced to your Fitbit account, your applications, alarms, etc.

With that being said, follow the steps below to complete the factory reset:

1. Hold the back button for about 8 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears:
    1. Release the button briefly (for less than 2 seconds). 
    2. Hold the button again until you feel a second, longer vibration, which indicates you initiated the factory reset. 

You can follow the steps to set up the device after that: How do I set up my Fitbit device?

Once the above has been done, please allow your watch 48 hours to see if the update is available and ready for you to download.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Thank you! I did wait and it came up that an update was required.  Now the update has gone through I have access.  

Best Answer

@sprazey Awesome! I'm glad to hear that you were able to download apps and clock faces on your Versa 2. 

I would like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

Best Answer
0 Votes