Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't download find my phone app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got the fitbit versa 2 and it is not allowing me to download the find my phone app. It is saying cannot download with this device, yet on the website it says that it can. I have tried all tee suggestions on updating, deleting the entire app and reinstalling it. Nothing has helped. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

What is your phone?  If Android, must be at least version 8.0

Sorry, I just realized I read original post too quickly.  I misread that you couldn't download Fitbit app at all, rather than the 'find my phone' app.

Adding to what @Guy_  said, you will probably get firmware update within a few days, possibly with missing apps.  I'm not sure if V2 includes 'find my phone' or not, but suggest just wait a few days for firmware update - will be obvious notification in phone app - and see of that takes care of it.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Hi @SunsetRunner  - it would seem your watch has not been fully setup and the firmware level is still at the factory version it came with. 

In this case apps more recent than your firmware level won't load.

You could try, after syncing your watch, removing it from your account and removing the Bluetooth entry, then running " Set up a Device" from the Fitbit App (after clicking on profile photo)

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Adding to what @JohnnyRow  said, the later versions of firmware have the the "find my phone" app included normally.

@SunsetRunner If you decide to wait and the new firmware version doesn't come you can always ask Fitbit Support directly to get them to schedule it to come.

Also they can be reached via the Fitbit App, click profile photo, Help & Support, Contact Customer Support.

Obviously something didn't go right with the setup, make sure when you do get the new version or retry the setup to be near the wifi 2.4 gHz source to be sure to get a good wifi signal as the firmware update is best done over wifi, it only takes about 10minutes otherwise via Bluetooth it can take an hour or more.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes