Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't have the Versa 2 and Inspire 2 paired to the same account

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello

Fitbit needs to consider making some changes on what platforms people can sync new devices to. For instance, I have a versa 2 and my newest one Inspire 2.  Found out you can't sync the Versa 2 and the Inspire 2 to one account. Downloaded the app to my Kindle Fire only to find out I can't sync my Versa 2 there even on another email. As popular as Fit it is, seems to me it should be able to setup on any given device. Just a suggestion.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @happyfeets @jakesavage. Thanks for stopping by in the Community Forums. We‘re taking into consideration your comments and sentiments with regards to our products.

As you have been told by our Support Team, you can't connect multiple devices that use the Fitbit App Gallery to one account. For Fitbit Charge 3, Fitbit Charge 4, Fitbit Ionic, Fitbit Inspire series, Fitbit Sense, and Fitbit Versa series, only connect one of these devices to your account at a time. For more information, see Can I use more than one Fitbit device with the same account? 

If you have any further questions, please feel free to update your support case so our team can continue assisting you.

By the way, I've moved your post to the Other Versa Smartwatches board for organization purposes. 

Have a nice day. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

i agree its annoying when you have multiple devices that you want to use during different times and you cant because the app only allows one device to be connected ( unless you have a fitbit ace).

Best Answer
0 Votes

On a phone you can have multiple accounts with one device on each account. It merely means switching accounts to change.

I use 2 accounts and switch once every 5 days or so to record the data from the second watch.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Hi there, @happyfeets @jakesavage. Thanks for stopping by in the Community Forums. We‘re taking into consideration your comments and sentiments with regards to our products.

As you have been told by our Support Team, you can't connect multiple devices that use the Fitbit App Gallery to one account. For Fitbit Charge 3, Fitbit Charge 4, Fitbit Ionic, Fitbit Inspire series, Fitbit Sense, and Fitbit Versa series, only connect one of these devices to your account at a time. For more information, see Can I use more than one Fitbit device with the same account? 

If you have any further questions, please feel free to update your support case so our team can continue assisting you.

By the way, I've moved your post to the Other Versa Smartwatches board for organization purposes. 

Have a nice day. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you record the data after you switch accounts? I have one device on my phone and the other on my iPad but would like to add the data from each device to each account. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mchili  - if you have a Versa 2 and inspire 2 just add both devices to each account, but why do you need two identical accounts?

Of course probably the history won't be added only cur8data from the time of adding the second watch.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Surely there is a work around for this issue.

....  Is it a matter of writing a new code to facilitate having the opportunity to have 2 or more devices linked to one's account?

Best Answer
0 Votes