Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install apps or clock face on Fitbit Versa

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got my Versa. Love it. Sort of.  It's all charged and I already have the app downloaded with instructions in my phone. But it won't let me choose a clock face or any apps. The Fitbit itself just keeps saying I need to download the FitBit App. I'm sure I'm missing something, but don't know what. Does anyone have any ideas? Or a better step by step instruction?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
49 REPLIES 49
I did get it working. I had to unpaired my versa and then re pair it again and it had to be on wifi when I changed the clock faces etc to download them.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
My very tech-y husband was able to figure it out. He said the problem is
that they haven't tested it with newer routers. Our home wifi (which has
pretty robust firewalls) was causing the problem. You might try going
somewhere like a starbucks and see if it works through their wifi. Once you
get the fitbit os updated, it should be fine to use at home. It's the
software update that causes the problem.

I ended up calling support before my husband figured it out, and while they
were helpful, we never got to the root of the problem. You could pass this
info. on to them and see if that helps.

Good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you! I will give it a try. I have contacted customer support twice and they were not helpful. I told them I was using the wifi in my car because our satellite internet in the country was extremely slow and not working. He told me I couldn't use my vehicle wifi for some reason...not sure what that is about. 

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S7, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I finally got everything to work correctly by calling customer support and
they stayed in the phone with me for 40 minutes walking through each step
of the setup with me so it was sure to work. I would try calling customer
service again! It's awesome once you get it working! Good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. I will give them a call...I'm frustrated to say the least!

Best Answer
0 Votes
HiYes once the blue square had gone I could eventually download the clock, just persevere with it because it is worth it.I was on holiday when I first got the versa and was trying to download it with the internet connection from my phone once I got home I had a proper connection and it down loaded hope this helps 
Kerry
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey all! I finally got this thing to go! I was told by customer service I couldn't use my vehicle wifi but just FYI in case you live in the country and have satellite internet like we do (soooo slow), you totally can. I just did it. Thanks for all your feedback!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue. Keeps telling me to get started to install fitbit app, which is already done & synced to phone. The only thing I see on it is the fitbit emblem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you uninstall the app or the devise?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m not sure, I still have the logo on versa still showing. I had trouble with my WiFi, signal is only 2 bar at most. It does say that versa is connected in the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think so, it shows all th personal info that I entered. The app says it is connected

Best Answer
0 Votes

This method does not work what so ever. It is still constantly loading and has been for the past hour.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My husband is having the same problem with his Versa. I just gave it to him for Christmas. He is frustrated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing here, so, I guess it is possible to be a server issue...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same. I want to scream!

Best Answer
0 Votes
It took uninstalling and reinstalling to get it up go on mine

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
Try uninstalling and reinstalling. That worked for me.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I couldn’t get it to sync long enough for it to download the first thing you have to do to begin anything else. I returned it after reading about problems with it not staying in sync. I wasted two days messing with it.
So thanks for the info.
Colleen

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
I just waited like 2 hrs and then tried again and it started working.
Best Answer
0 Votes

same issue....took forever to sync/update my Versa, once update completed...was able to load clock face. Now I LOVE My Versa completely 😉 HAH

Best Answer
0 Votes