Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install apps or clock face on Fitbit Versa

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got my Versa. Love it. Sort of.  It's all charged and I already have the app downloaded with instructions in my phone. But it won't let me choose a clock face or any apps. The Fitbit itself just keeps saying I need to download the FitBit App. I'm sure I'm missing something, but don't know what. Does anyone have any ideas? Or a better step by step instruction?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
I did get it resolved. I had to uninstall the download that never worked properly, then reinstall the whole thing. Then it worked fine.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
49 REPLIES 49

Have you downloaded the Fitbit app on your phone and is it synced to your Versa?

Best Answer

I found that you can only change clock faces etc when the Fitbit app can see your Versa (i.e. your phone connects to your Versa /trying to download/install the clock faces etc.)

Best Answer

Once I had the Versa synced to my phone's Fitbit app, in the phone I was able to choose/download clockfaces.  It took a bit after setting it up for the phone to let me personalize my Versa.  Looks like you can only do it in the Fitbit app, it doesn't work from the Fitbit itself or if you logon to Fitbit.com.

Best Answer

Thanks, everyone. I had to unpair it then reconnect from the beginning. It has the default face, I'm still having trouble changing it, but I'm working on it. At least it's usable now.

Best Answer

Is there a reason I can't install apps when I'm on cellular? when I go into the Fitbit app and try to access the app store it says there's no internet connection. It works on Wi-Fi without issue so why can't it work on cellular too?

Best Answer

Try checking your phone settings - I have a Samsung Galaxy and I think I have it set to only download stuff when I'm on WiFi (to save data).

Best Answer

I can't get the Apps screen to come up on my phone either on wifi or cellular.It was working but now it keeps saying no internet connection and there is one.  Weird!  I rebooted the phone and the watch.

I like the versa but it and the fitbit app have a lot of bugs that I hope will be addressed in time.

Best Answer

Hey Katnap, did you ever get your Versa to setup the way you wanted it to?  I'm having the exact same issue that you had where my Versa is synced to my phone through the Fitbit app on my Google Pixel phone but I can't download any clock faces or apps.  The watch face just tells me to download the app to get started..... Which I've already done..... I'm frustrated this isn't an easier process!  Any tips for me?

Best Answer
I did get it resolved. I had to uninstall the download that never worked properly, then reinstall the whole thing. Then it worked fine.
Best Answer

Have purchased the versa and all day I have been trying to set it up it will not allow me to put a face on the clock to get started

Best Answer

XI have uninstalled and installed again and no changes

Best Answer

I'd just suggest contacting customer support. Maybe you've got a dud or maybe they can walk you through something we don't know here.

Best Answer

Hi Katnap, 

Thanks for the tip, but even though I was having the same problem and I followed your solution, my Versa still keeps telling me "To start, download the Fitbit.app". I did it twice already and nothing. 

Furthermore, but I'm guessing is because the watch is not yet working properly, I cannot choose any of the apps and clock faces. All of them it says that I have to pay a fee. 

Getting a bit frustrated already...

Anyone can help??? PLEASEEEE? Thanks a million.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I picked up my Versa today and while it works and got it all set up it shows that the last sync was yesterday when I set it up originally.   It shows current steps on the app but not the moving per hr, the sleep and I can't change clock face or set up apps because it's saying not synced.  On the Versa itself it shows things right but won't let me change from the clock face that is set etc.  I have already uninstalled and reinstalled my app on my phone, turned off and restarted the Bluetooth to no solution.  Looking for some help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It stopped syncing for me as well, one day. All I had to do was reset the Bluetooth, so I'm not sure what else to suggest. I did see some other posts about it not syncing. Maybe there's an answer in one of them?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I ended up calling customer support when I had the same issues and they
were able to set things right! I will suggest calling!
Best Answer

I'm having the same problem. Does anyone from Fitbit ever actually look at these forums and answer questions?! Seems like this issue should have been solved by now!

Best Answer
You make a good point!! I'm sorry you are having the same issue! I ended
up calling customer support and they walked me through several steps over
the phone and we finally got it figured out. I would recommend calling!
They should be able to get you up and running!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! Were you able to resolve this issue? I'm having the same problem. I just got my versa yesterday and am ready to return it! Deleted the app, deleted my account, set it all up again to see if that would fix it and same problem. Ensured all bluetooth products were unpaired, contacted customer support...nothing. Just the blue icon with it saying to download the fitbit app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes