Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't pair Versa with a Galaxy S10

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently bought the Samsung Galaxy s10 and I cannot pair it with my Fitbit versa. I read somewhere it is not compatible with this phone yet. Is this correct? Will it be compatible soon..? 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
88 REPLIES 88

Hi, you're correct. The Samsung 10 is not (yet) supported by Fitbit. Nevetheless, meanwhile you can use your Versa in an somewhat simpler way (no downloading of apps or changing clock faces) by connecting it to your Computer using Fitbit Connect. How to do that you can read in the article about "How do I set up my Fitbit device?" Click on the link and then on "Trackers and Watches" and scroll down to directly underneath the first video. There you will find all the needed information about Fitbit Connect. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

When will it be supported?

Best Answer

Hi, I do not know, but keep an eye on this site from time to time: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2315/?q=compatible&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1. Since the Galaxy S9 and S9+ are already supported, I do not think it's gonna take a long time. Another site you can visit to see whether it's supported or not is: www.fitbit.com/devices . Good luck!!  

Best Answer

@Cauldia Welcome! It's nice to have you on board!

Sorry to hear that your can't pair your Versa with your Samsung S10 phone. As you and @SunsetRunner mentioned your phone doesn't show as compatible but that doesn’t mean it won’t work it just means that it hasn’t been tested by our team. You can try going to your phone's bluetooth settings and remove all devices listed there. Restart your phone and restart your device. After this try pairing them. Also, if you are using an Android device, check that your app has the necessary permissions (settings > apps > Fitbit > permissions) and make sure bluetooth and location services (GPS) are on. You can find additional suggestions here.

You could also try pairing your Versa with another phone or computer and only try using your own phone to sync it.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

Uninstall it from you phone and reinstall. I just bought a Versa today and had already installed the app. I also couldn't connect. But after uninstalling it on my galaxy s10 plus I was able to connect and do all the magical things that Fitbit versa does! 

Best Answer

I have just upgraded my phone and git a new Versa due to screen issues with my last one. I have finally managed to connect and get the Versa to sync to the phone but none of the notifications work when will this be resolved? 

Best Answer

Did you do anything different? I tried your advice and I still can't get any messages to my versa. 

Best Answer

Unfortunately my versa will not sync with my s10 plus, I've tried everything.  Funny how you come to depende on something so simple. thanks

Best Answer

We are nearing the end of May. Any word on when this will work with the S10+? I am not able to pair it and it's frustrating.

Best Answer

I bought the versa and the s10 within a week of each other just about a month ago. I switched because fitbits aren't compatible with the motorola z2 play, whih I had.  I paired right away with the  s10by using the trick I read about when researching why I couldn't pair any fitbit with a motorola z2 play. 
1. Make sure you don't have the fitbit app pre-downloaded already when you start. Wait for the display to tell you to download the app.

2. Make sure you have nothing else paired with your bluetooth when you try to pair. You can pair another thing after you've paired the versa as I paired my Alexa sometime after to see if I could without any versa issues and it was fine. 
I followed these two steps and I have had no issues with two different versas. (I returned my all black one for the rose gold and periwinkle band after my first day with it because I realized I preferred that.)

Versa/Samsung s10
Best Answer

Are you able to receive notifications like text messages and incoming calls after you reconnected?

Best Answer

Has anyone been able to connect to Galaxy 10 and be able to receive text messages and incoming calls?

Best Answer

Are you able to get phone notifications like text and call now that you linked to the S10?

Best Answer

No, I stopped using mine. It was getting way too frustrating. Thinking about returning mine.  Aahame because I loved mine

Best Answer

I just messed with mine again and am now getting notifications! I had to set it all up in the app but we're good to go now!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks I'm going to retry tonight.  Crossing my fingers 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

Somehow I finally got this to work.... I tried so many different things I can't remember what I did.  It just magically started working this morning.   My phone calls and texts were coming thru, but the watch would not vibrate.   The only thing I did differently this morning is turn the phone notification on and off  in the general notifications within the app.. (not the app notifications which shows all the apps loaded on your phone).  Perhaps it just needed to be reset.  I can honestly say in trying so many different things to make this work, I never thought to do that....You might want to share this with the  trouble shooters who answer the phone as I was also told it was not compatible.... Now that this has been resolved and the new Spotify HR app is available I am satisfied, but would  like to see an actual real time stress monitor app.

Make sure your are connected  to Versa Classic Bluetooth

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't know as I returned mine and traded up to a Galaxy Active. SO MUCH HAPPY!

Versa/Samsung s10
Best Answer

Nothing yet?

Best Answer