Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't pair Versa with a Galaxy S10

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently bought the Samsung Galaxy s10 and I cannot pair it with my Fitbit versa. I read somewhere it is not compatible with this phone yet. Is this correct? Will it be compatible soon..? 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
88 REPLIES 88

Hello there

There are two places on Versa that can effect if the notificztions come thru. One place is thru the settings making sure you have selected on and also make sure vibrations are on.

The other place to access is by pressing and holding the button on the left side of the watch..Make sure notifications are set to on there as well.  Not sure why ...but sometimes  this flips to off when you are trying so many things to make this work

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit is still trying to catch up to Android 9.0 Pie and Samsung Galaxy S10 series.  I downloaded latest fitbit.com/setup and am syncing to computer rather than phone.  Unclear when sync problem to phone will be solved.  Customer Service said there are problems with the phone, not just Android 9.0.  Looks like we are all going to have to wait -- or use computer in interim.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there,

Sorry to hear you are still having an issue. I purchased my Versa in July 2018 and Galaxy S10 plus  in March 2019..I initially had problems but after discovering the Smart Things  app in the Galaxy S10 it has been nothing but smooth sailing.  You have to have that running in the background and I dont think Fitbit is aware  you have go thru this app to make the notifications  work

Every app that I have selected to receive notification on my phone syncs and vibrates perfectly to the Versa. If you search this issue in the community  you will see  the steps  to success others have experienced.  I dont think the Fitbit set up instructions  are going  to mention an app designed by Samsung is required to make this work...but it does..

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just purchased the galaxy 10 & found out on forums that this phone is not compatible with Fitbit. Those posts were from March! When will this be resolved?? I can't access my phone during work, so those notifications were vital. IF this won't be resolved then I would like to know so that I can purchase a watch that is compatible. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It will work, it's a real pain in the a$$, but it will work if you follow the steps provided above.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey, it will connect... got mine to.
It's a bit fiddly but this is how I did it

Login to your fitbit app on a computer unpair your versa

If you used Samsung switch to move your data to your S10 (like I did)
then delete fitbit app from your S10.

Now go into your blue tooth settings on your S10 and tell it to forget your
Versa. Samsung switch had carried across your old connection which I
think is what caused the problem in the first place.

Now start again like its a brand new versa.

Go to your app store get fitbit app and follow the prompts to add a brand
new device....

Promise mine is working NO ISSUES with getting calls messages or quick
replies....
Best Answer
0 Votes
I did not use Samsung Switch. I had downloaded the Fitbit app as if it were new on my device.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I uninstalled and unpaired my device, but it still did not work. I think I’m just going to stop using Fitbit and go with a device that is compatible from the beginning.
Best Answer

Please look at my second post about this...You have to use the Smart Things app that is loaded on the s10...Not sure if Fitbit is mentioning   this app has to run in the background  to support the watch but  if they aren't their resolution. Is never going to work...

Best Answer
0 Votes

-Factory reset your Versa. 

-Keep it away from your phone overnight. 

-Unpair your Versa the next day on bluetooth on your phone. 

-Uninstall fitbit app and then reinstall it. 

- Turn Versa on and set up through app. 

After troubleshooting for over three months THIS WORKS! Fitbit customer support didn't even recommend this. Goodluck guys! Upvote this so others see it.

Best Answer

I have done all of these steps and it's still not working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Look at all of my posts. . Make  sure you are using regular Versa and the Smart Things App provided by the s10 is running in the background .and make sure when you press and hold the button on the left side of the watch notifications  are on

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ma'am I have done all of those things.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since we know this works, then something is amiss, and each step you have followed needs to be examined in detail. Can you see the Versa listed under the Bluetooth connections on your phone and listed under "other" devices in the Smart Things app? If done correctly the Smart Things app will always appear between the brightness slide and the pane for your notifications .

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just did what you suggested re: Smart Things.  It shows my versa paired but still the fitbit app shows no device found.  I've had thus S10PLUS since March with no problems until about a week ago. Now it won't sync at all.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't pair my versa with my s10plus either.  The s10plus has been out since March 2019. That's 6 months and it's a hit and miss situation wth the Fitbit app. Versa no longer syncs.  I'm looking at the Samsung Galaxy 2 smartwatch.  Fitbit Support via this site as well as Twitter and Facebook just gives me the runaround WHEN they respond.  I love my Versa,  bought 3 more for my kids.  Not anymore!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I certainly hear your frustrated. I also have the s10 plus.  So we need to examine in detail where the problem is for you.  So to begin with make sure that everything within the Fitbit app is selected correctly.

1) On the dashboard pane  path is Apps/All Apps.. and just select all of them for notification.  You can go back and deselect the ones you don't want later, 

2) Back to the dashboard on the landing page make sure all day sync is selected.

3)Then scroll down further under General select and turn on Calls.

4)Under Text Messages make sure the app you use for text messages is selected.

5)Under email make sure the app you use for email is selected. 

(One thing to note is that you must make sure  the specific app you use is the one you have selected. So if you have multiple email apps, text or even a phone app and the wrong one  is selected you won't get the notifications. ) 

6)Back to the dashboard under General/Notifications/App Notifications. select all again for now and then you can go back later to deselect 

7)Now out to the watch itself  Go to settings and make sure vibrate and notifications are set to on in the settings but also make sure that when you push the button on the left side of the watch the notifications are on there also

I have "lost notifications" also and usually when I turn the Bluetooth on and off they come back. 

8)To pair go to connections in the phone  and make sure Versa is paired there with bluetooth

9)Then go to the Smart Things app  click the 3 line menu at the top left  and then select "All devices" search for and pair Versa there also

When it  shows paired in the Smart Things App and also in the phone it should work.  When done correctly you will see "Smart Things" running at the top of your notification pane on the front of the phone  right underneath the  brightness slide bar .  If not turn your Bluetooth on and off .

Hope this  helps.Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your help.... that didn't work.  I give up.  It's time for a new smartwatch hopefully with a more dependable company 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

So.... these are the steps I've taken in order for my Versa to sync with my s10plus
1.Turn off and on phone's bluetooth and tap Versa to connect
2.Tap the screen on my versa, go to settings, scroll to bluetooth
3.Tap versa bluetooth until it shows OFF, ON, PAIR. 4.Choose pair.
It will then sync with my phone. I have to do this everytime in order for it to sync because the Versa bluetooth option reverts to OFF.
I realize it may be for music only, so I'm not sure why it's reverting to OFF?

Best Answer
0 Votes

So you can view your text messages on your versa 2 with S10 phone???

Best Answer
0 Votes