Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't pair my Versa 3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have my new Versa 3 and somehow I've messed up setting it up. I cant find the 4 digit code so I cant get any further than the primary screen and have no idea how to reset it...

Thank you in advance for your help

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hello @SC69 and welcome to the Help forum.  Can you please explain your situation in a little more detail?  There is a four digit code when you set up your Versa 3, but you shouldn't need it again after setup.  There is a four digit pin code to unlock your Versa 3, but this is a pin code that you set.  What do you see that you are calling the primary screen?  To me, that is the clock face.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi thanks for getting back to me. When I got the versa 3 I was waiting for a friend to set it up for me.

It won't even reset to factory settings. I have the usual clock face when I press the button and it lights up, then if I swipe to get to additional settings it just shows me a screen with numbers 0-9 and wanting the 4 digit code.

I've used 'live chat' twice today and even spoke with someone over the phone.

As suggested be paired with a colleagues phone who already has the fit bit app and the Versa 3 still wanted the four digit code to be added.

Its doesn't pair very readily with iPhone or Samsung and I no longer wants to reset to factory settings

Best Answer

@SC69   That screen you describe is asking for the pin code that has your Versa 3 locked.  This is a pin code that you would have entered when you enabled the device lock.  Perhaps your friend can help troubleshoot this with this Help article: How do I use the device lock on my Fitbit device? 

I never had a need to enable the device lock on my Versa 3, so I can't offer any more suggestions from experience.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! It was the PIN code it was asking for.  I don't even remember setting this up, but I was exploring the features yesterday and tried to set up a payment card.  Never finished that process, but now I remember it did ask me to pick a 4 digit code.  So now I guess I have to enter that after charging my phone.  At least that's when this problem started for me.  This is the first time I charged it so I had no clue.

Best Answer

Where did you find the pin code? Can you reset it

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @User177   This Help article has information about the device lock and pin code.  This is a code you set when you set up the device lock.  There is a section with instructions on how to reset your code.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

I need to retrieve my pin number. I can't reset it. The device doesn't let me go any further without entering the pin number. It keeps saying to use my phone to enter it. I am really getting frustrated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here I can’t get any further than the clock screen. I’m trying to set the device versa 2 and I get the black and red screen asking me to unlock with my phone what I can’t do as I don’t know/remember my code. Surely we can get a new one somewhere. This is so frustrating! I have tried all the restart processes even I have created a different email account t and nothing is happening.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got an email from the Fitbit team offering me a 35% discount if I buy a new one. I can't afford to buy a new one. It is very disappointing for a 2-year-old smartwatch to stop working. This is very frustrating!!! Not happy with Fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes