Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't set up Versa 3 with Windows 10

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

USB to Versa 3 connects; Versa3 is charged 100%; Versa3 keeps asking to download (download symbol displays on watch); I do not want to connect this device to my phone;  my laptop is not recognizing the Versa3 or vice versa; this can't be that complicated; I'm surprised and disappointed that there are no directions on how to do this already. Does Versa3 work with WIN 10?  If so, what do I need to do.  HELP me before I get too frustrated and return the Versa3.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I'm afraid you can't use a laptop to setup a Versa 3. 

"Set up Versa 3 with the Fitbit app for iPhones and iPads or Android phones. The
Fitbit app is compatible with most popular phones and tablets. See
fitbit.com/devices to check if your phone or tablet is compatible."

From: https://help.fitbit.com/manuals/manual_versa_3_en_US.pdf

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

I'm afraid you can't use a laptop to setup a Versa 3. 

"Set up Versa 3 with the Fitbit app for iPhones and iPads or Android phones. The
Fitbit app is compatible with most popular phones and tablets. See
fitbit.com/devices to check if your phone or tablet is compatible."

From: https://help.fitbit.com/manuals/manual_versa_3_en_US.pdf

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is a Fitbit app for Windows 10 in the Windows Marketplace. I experimented with it on my previous Versa 3 (which was defective), and managed to set it up (sort of) using that app. The Fitbit app confirmed that the installation was successful, but the watch would never exit out of the setup and launch the clock face. Perhaps that means that the Versa 3 can’t be set up on Windows 10, I can’t say, since my Versa 3 had problems. Anyway, the Versa 3 was certainly available on the list of devices which could be added via the app and the app was more than happy to try to set up the Versa 3. I wouldn’t recommend wasting time trying to set up a Versa 3 with a Windows 10 computer in any case, but would say that, once it’s set up with a phone, the user experience in the Fitbit app for Windows 10 should be very nice.

From Fitbit’s Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker? page: To set up, sync, receive notifications, and take advantage of other features of your Fitbit device, you must install the Fitbit app on a compatible phone or tablet. Alternatively, you can use the Fitbit app for Windows 10 on your computer, or use Fitbit Connect to sync with a Mac or Windows 8.1 computer to access your data and take advantage of the many features of your Fitbit device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why do you not want to connect to your phone? as @SteveH has mentioned you can only set up the Versa 3 using an Android or iPhone device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Windows 10 laptop and have set up several Fitbits on it.  You need to go to the Windows App store and download the app there, then turn on your BT.  From there, log into your account.  Go to "Account Settings" then "Set Up A New Device" .  Select the Versa 3 and follow the prompts.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

I don't have a compatible phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlTer21   I'm sorry, but you need a smartphone or tablet to use Fitbit's newest devices.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes