Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't set up Versa via Bluetooth after factory reset

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I had to factory reset my Versa. I was able to do this successfully and it is now on the screen that tells me to begin by downloading the app. I already have the app installed and I am trying to setup a device. I select the Versa, agree to T&C, put it into the charger, and hit next. It starts to search for the Versa but never finds it. I try to manually connect the Versa to my phone via BT, but still no go. 

Anyone had this issue and was able to get past it?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hey @SteveFP, it is great to see new faces around! In order to set up your Versa, I would suggest you to do this via Wi-Fi instead of via Bluetooth. So please, first of all, take a look at this help article: How do I find my Wi-Fi network password and security setting? To connect your Versa to your Wi-Fi network. And then take a look at this other help article: How do I connect my Fitbit watch to Wi-Fi? to complete the set up process. If you have questions about this, let me know! 😉 

I'll be around! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the welcome! I have got to say this Versa is giving me fits. Sometimes it connects to BT and sometimes it does not. It is like its haunted. I cannot get this connected to my home Wifi, even though I have tried to connect it a million times. I have 15 other devices connected, so I know its not me. There are alot of reports of Wifi issues, so this is probably the most important for me to get full use of the Versa. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I appreciate your response @SteveFP! If you have issues when trying to connect your Versa to your home Wi-Fi connection, I'd like you to exhaust all the troubleshooting possible. So if you haven't, I will ask you to take a look at this help article: Why won't my Fitbit watch connect to WI-Fi? And let me know how it goes! 

Have a nice day! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes