Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't transfer music from Mac to my Versa 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has anyone downloaded music from Mac to Versa 2? I know how to download music from having the Ionic. Tried every troubleshooting tip. I can't get a straight answer as to whether the Versa 2 just does not connect via FitBit Connect. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Hi there @Jasher321, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issues with your Versa 2 before reaching out.

To download personal music and podcasts, your watch and computer must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Note that some older songs may not transfer due to copyright protections (known as DRM encryption). You can transfer the following files:

• MP3 files
  • MP4 files with AAC audio

To download music and podcasts to your watch, create at least 1 playlist of songs or podcasts in iTunesto download to your watch. (make sure you approve the app to share playlists with your watch:

Open iTunes on your computer > Edit > Preferences > Advanced Share iTunes Library XML with other applications > OK.) Now, after you have installed Fitbit Connect, please follow these steps:

1. Open Fitbit Connect on your computer.
  2. After the Fitbit Connect window appears:
    1. For best results, sync your watch in the Fitbit app, and then disable Bluetooth temporarily on your phone and computer.
    2. Plug your watch into the charger.
    3. In the Fitbit Connect window on your computer, click Manage My Music.
    4. If prompted, log in to your Fitbit account.
    5. On your watch, open the Music app and then tap Transfer Music. Note that you may need to scroll down to see the transfer button.
    6. Wait a few moments for your watch to connect. Note this can sometimes take a minute or two.
    7. When prompted, follow the on-screen instructions on your Mac to choose the playlists you want to download to your watch. After you choose a playlist, the download starts automatically.
    8. Note that if you take several minutes to pick your first playlist, Wi-Fi may disconnect to preserve your battery. Tap the Transfer Music button again to reconnect and continue choosing your playlists.

I'd also recommend taking a look at this help article I can't download my personal music playlists to my Fitbit watch

Hope this helps.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried that as well as many troubleshooting tips, resetting computer and FitBit, reinstalling FitBit Connect etc. Does FitBit connect to Mac?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jasher321 Yes it does. Please go here https://www.fitbit.com/setup and select the correct Fitbit Connect for your Mac:

As a last resource, please check this post of mine and see if everything provided there has been covered as described. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mac 10.5 is only for Flex One and Zip. I have tried everything. As I said I have an Ionic so I know how to transfer and troubleshoot. This should not take me hours of work. I also see many other posts for the same issue. I also have tried different Mac computers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jasher321   I have done it in the past.  I haven't done it recently.  I have a Versa 3 on my account right now.

• Can you open Fitbit Connect? 
  • Can you select Manage my Music?  When I select Manage my Music, I get the screen that says it is looking for my watch.  The wheel spins forever, since I don't have the right device on my account.
  • What Mac OS do you have?  I was using OS Catalina when I transferred my music.
Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have Big Sur on one Mac, not sure about the other but it is old and can't be updated anymore. I was able to sync my Ionic for music and since the Mac OS has not been updated it should still be able to as well. My Mac used to say searching for your "Ionic", now it says watch as the Versa 2 isn't even listed as a device you can set up on the FitBit Connect. It spins and spins and I am out of troubleshooting ideas.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jasher321 Thanks for responding to @LZeeW's questions.

At this moment, I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected. I'd suggest to share this community link (thread) so our Support Team can be aware of the steps you've done, this way you could also avoid repeating yourself one more time.

We hope your issue is solved soon.

Best Answer

@Jasher321   I hope you get the help you need from Support.  If you are trying to set up your Versa 2, you need a compatible phone/tablet.  You can't set up a Versa 2 with Fitbit Connect.  You only use the Manage My Music part of Fitbit Connect.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Contacted FitBit...waiting for reply after one hour chat did not resolve.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jasher321 We're sorry for the hard time you had while reaching our Support Team, due to recent events affecting our operations, support options are limited and wait times are longer than usual. We hope to get you back on track soon. 

Best Answer

I have had my Versa 2 for a year and have only been able to do it twice 😕

Best Answer
0 Votes