Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't unlock my Versa 3 with my phone

ANSWERED

Since i linked my iPhone 13 to my Fitbit i have two screens. Those are the today screen and the phone dialer. None of the other screens and information are accessible. 
How do I either get rid of the phone or fix things so that I have full functionality. I am not against doing a hard reset. 

Right now the Tracker and phone are not linked. Now it is asking for me to unlock from phone, but I cannot persuade it to add the tracker. I have followed all of the steps in other messages with no luck. HELP!!!!

tia Jo

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @Joanna-p. Thanks for stopping by in the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for the troubleshooting steps you've tried. I'm sorry to hear that your Versa 3 is still locked. I will do my best to help you with this. 

Since your Versa 3 is no longer connected to your phone, I'd recommend performing a factory reset. Important: Take into consideration that a factory reset deletes any stored data, which includes all data that hasn't synced to your Fitbit account and your applications, alarms, etc. 

With the above being said, please sync your Versa 3 and then, proceed with the steps below in the order listed: 

1. Don’t plug the Fitbit device into the charging cable. 
  2. Press and hold the button for about 8 seconds until the screen turns off. 
  3. After the screen turns off, you’ll feel a short vibration:
    1. When you feel the vibration, release the button and immediately press and hold the button again.
    2. Wait until the blue logo appears, then disappears:
      1. Immediately release the button and then immediately press and hold it .again, until you feel a vibration.
      2. After you feel the vibration, release the button. 
        • This vibration indicates you started the factory reset. 
        • After the Fitbit logo appears, the Fitbit device shows the image with the phone icon and setup indicator. 

If you change again your phone in the future, please make sure to remove your Fitbit device from the phone's Bluetooth settings to avoid this from happening again. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there, @Joanna-p. Thanks for stopping by in the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for the troubleshooting steps you've tried. I'm sorry to hear that your Versa 3 is still locked. I will do my best to help you with this. 

Since your Versa 3 is no longer connected to your phone, I'd recommend performing a factory reset. Important: Take into consideration that a factory reset deletes any stored data, which includes all data that hasn't synced to your Fitbit account and your applications, alarms, etc. 

With the above being said, please sync your Versa 3 and then, proceed with the steps below in the order listed: 

1. Don’t plug the Fitbit device into the charging cable. 
  2. Press and hold the button for about 8 seconds until the screen turns off. 
  3. After the screen turns off, you’ll feel a short vibration:
    1. When you feel the vibration, release the button and immediately press and hold the button again.
    2. Wait until the blue logo appears, then disappears:
      1. Immediately release the button and then immediately press and hold it .again, until you feel a vibration.
      2. After you feel the vibration, release the button. 
        • This vibration indicates you started the factory reset. 
        • After the Fitbit logo appears, the Fitbit device shows the image with the phone icon and setup indicator. 

If you change again your phone in the future, please make sure to remove your Fitbit device from the phone's Bluetooth settings to avoid this from happening again. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please lock comments, this solved my problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Joanna-p I'm pleased to hear that the steps recommended did the trick! 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes