Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't unlock my Versa 3 with the phone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I stupidly forgot my PIN code on my watch and disconnected it from the app. Now I’m locked out of both the watch and the app! How do I hard reset my watch from the watch? The watch screen is saying ‘unlock from your phone’ but this is not possible as the watch is no longer connected to the phone/app. I’ve tried Customer Support but they’re next to useless. Can anyone help? I’m this close to buying an Apple Watch!!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @MikeyJR. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa 3 before reaching out. We‘re taking into consideration your comments and sentiments with regards to our products and services. @LZeeW Thank you so much for your help!

Since your Versa 3 is no longer connected to your phone, please follow the steps below:

1. Don’t plug the Fitbit device into the charging cable. 
  2. Press and hold the button for about 8 seconds until the screen turns off. 
  3. After the screen turns off, you’ll feel a short vibration:
    1. When you feel the vibration, release the button and immediately press and hold the button again.
    2. Wait until the blue logo appears, then disappears:
      1. Immediately release the button and then immediately press and hold it .again, until you feel a vibration.
      2. After you feel the vibration, release the button. 
        • This vibration indicates you started the factory reset. 
        • After the Fitbit logo appears, the Fitbit device shows the image with the phone icon and setup indicator. 

If you change again your phone in the future, please make sure to remove your Fitbit device from the phone's Bluetooth settings to avoid this from happening again. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@MikeyJR   I found these instructions to factory reset a Versa 3 under these conditions.  They were given by a moderator in a different thread.

• Hold the back button for about 8 seconds
  • When the Fitbit logo disappear
  • Briefly release the button (less than 2 seconds)
  • Press and hold the button again until you feel a longer, stronger vibration

Timing is critical.  You might have to do this several times.  I know the back button can be finicky.  I experience this with a simple restart.  Once reset, set it up as a new device.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @MikeyJR. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa 3 before reaching out. We‘re taking into consideration your comments and sentiments with regards to our products and services. @LZeeW Thank you so much for your help!

Since your Versa 3 is no longer connected to your phone, please follow the steps below:

1. Don’t plug the Fitbit device into the charging cable. 
  2. Press and hold the button for about 8 seconds until the screen turns off. 
  3. After the screen turns off, you’ll feel a short vibration:
    1. When you feel the vibration, release the button and immediately press and hold the button again.
    2. Wait until the blue logo appears, then disappears:
      1. Immediately release the button and then immediately press and hold it .again, until you feel a vibration.
      2. After you feel the vibration, release the button. 
        • This vibration indicates you started the factory reset. 
        • After the Fitbit logo appears, the Fitbit device shows the image with the phone icon and setup indicator. 

If you change again your phone in the future, please make sure to remove your Fitbit device from the phone's Bluetooth settings to avoid this from happening again. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes