Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't unlock my Versa with my phone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I accidentally entered the wrong pin too many times and got locked out of my versa. I tried to reset the pin on my phone but it just wouldn't happen so I deleted the device from my phone. Now when I'm trying to resync the device, it asks for the 4 digits pin being displayed on the watch but the watch only flashes unlock with phone. I'm unable to see the pin and I'm unable to unlock or resync my versa. Please help.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @Joankapoor. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa before reaching out.

To unlock your Versa now that it's no longer paired to your phono, I suggest to perform a factory reset by following these steps:

1. On the device, hold all three buttons for about 10 to 12 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive). 
  3. When the device vibrates, release all buttons. 
  4. Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays Fitbit.com/setup.
  5. At this point you can set up the watch again. For instructions, see How do I set up my Fitbit device? 

Take into consideration that a factory reset deletes any stored data, which includes all data that hasn't synced to your Fitbit account, your applications, alarms, etc. 

For any future reference, see How do I use the device lock on my Fitbit device? 

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi there, @Joankapoor. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa before reaching out.

To unlock your Versa now that it's no longer paired to your phono, I suggest to perform a factory reset by following these steps:

1. On the device, hold all three buttons for about 10 to 12 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive). 
  3. When the device vibrates, release all buttons. 
  4. Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays Fitbit.com/setup.
  5. At this point you can set up the watch again. For instructions, see How do I set up my Fitbit device? 

Take into consideration that a factory reset deletes any stored data, which includes all data that hasn't synced to your Fitbit account, your applications, alarms, etc. 

For any future reference, see How do I use the device lock on my Fitbit device? 

Hope that helps. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit won’t perform a factory reset by doing this I have tried many times 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @Bronagh01. Welcome on board. I appreciate you had followed the tips and recommendations provided above.

At this moment, I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

We hope your issue is solved soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried doing this but my fitbit just restarts instead of restoring factory
settings
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Joankapoor Thanks for trying the steps I suggested here. As I've advised to @Bronagh01 in my post above,  the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

We look forward to getting you back on track soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes