Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't use Spotify without having my phone nearby

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am under the impression I can listen to Spotify without it near my phone. Is this the case or not?  I connected my headphones to my versa 2, but Spotify seems to need my phone to access their content.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @snoolgeek. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post, I understand where your concern is coming from. 

Spotify app for Versa 2 is only a Spotify control app which means you will be able to control the music played on Spotify on your phone. There is no way on downloading Spotify playlists on your Versa 2 and leaving your phone behind. You can always connect the headphones to your Versa 2 and download your music (mp3). Please see the following help article - How do I listen to music and podcasts on my Fitbit watch?

For more information about Spotify, see How do I control music playing on Spotify? 

Hope this answer your inquiry. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there, @snoolgeek. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post, I understand where your concern is coming from. 

Spotify app for Versa 2 is only a Spotify control app which means you will be able to control the music played on Spotify on your phone. There is no way on downloading Spotify playlists on your Versa 2 and leaving your phone behind. You can always connect the headphones to your Versa 2 and download your music (mp3). Please see the following help article - How do I listen to music and podcasts on my Fitbit watch?

For more information about Spotify, see How do I control music playing on Spotify? 

Hope this answer your inquiry. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I agree with you I have trouble to 

Best Answer

So I can’t download music without a computer ? Taking back to the shop asap for a refund, outdated af 

Best Answer
0 Votes