Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can take a shower with hot temperatures?-Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Fitbit versa is water proof but I’m worried it might get damaged in the shower because I like quite hot temperatures. Would it still be okay to take it in the shower with hot temperatures and slight steam from the shower head?

Moderator edit: added label

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

I took mine in the shower and everything seems ok so far. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No problem with my Ionic in the shower either

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok thanks! I just took mine in the shower and everything seems good.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Personally I don't wear mine in the shower even though it is water proof.  Fitbit does not list it as being shower proof, only swim proof down to 50 meters.

Android and iPhone 6s. Versa, Flex 2, and Zip
Best Answer

More importantly, honestly, there is just no reason to take it with you in the shower as you anyway have to remove it afterwards, wipe and dry it as well as wipe and dry your arm (as the watch should not be constantly wet nor should it sit on wet hand to avoid irritation and other impacts). So why to take it in then?

Best Answer

I also think there is no reason to take it every day in shower. Also, if you like take shower using too hot water, fitbit doesnt say that its compatible with that temperature. Pool water is cool and not so hot. In my opinion its the best time to charge it while taking your shower. Just put it on charge for 20 minutes every day while you are taking your shower and you will no longer worry also about/when to charge it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a bath or shower with it on because  I have medical conditions, and heat can sometimes cause me trouble (especially hot water or steam rooms). Fitbit isn't a medical device but it's an idea of what my heart is doing which can help me prevent anything bad happening, and my actual Dr approved one isn't water proof!

It's annoying to have to clean and dry it after, but I'd rather that than a trip to A&e! 

Best Answer

It’s the same concept 😂

Best Answer
0 Votes