Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you set the Date & Time on a Versa 3 WITHOUT the need of using the Fitbit app?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there,

I have a Versa 3 watch. I also have an old Android smartphone. My smartphone had the Fitbit app which was connected to my Versa 3. Unfortunately since November 2022 the Fitbit app stopped becoming supported on my mobile device. As a result, the app automatically uninstalled itself from my old phone.

This means the watch stopped having connections to the Internet. Stopped getting firmware updates. Stopped syncing data with my Fitbit account. Etcetera. This is because everything was feed and communicated through the **ahem** Fitbit app on the phone.

Now here is my problem... after months of the watch been disconnected from a mobile Fitbit app (disconnected from the Internet), my watch became out of sync with the time.

THE WATCH SEEMED TO HAVE NO FU****G WAY OF SETTING THE DATE & TIME ON THE DEVICE ITSELF!!! Never seen a device designed so you could NOT set the **ahem** time manually... disgusting really lol.

Anyways I have tried:

- Diving into the Versa 3 settings on the watch itself. Couldn't see anything to resolve the issue.

- Logging onto my Fitbit account via a computer/web browser. Couldn't bypass a Fitbit app to sync the watch.

- Removed the Versa 3 device from my online Fitbit account.

- Connecting the watch to a laptop. Doesn't sync with computer time.

- Restarting the watch.

- Factory Resetting the watch.

Now since factory resetting the watch, I can't do anything with it, it just says "Connect to Fitbit app". Bloody hell.

Am I completely stuffed here? Do I need to get a new phone just to get the **ahem** watch to function and set a time? Was there ever a way to set the time manually???

Thanks for reading and your time.

Regards,

AnnaBanana53

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @AnnaBanana53 .  I'm sorry, but Fitbit doesn't let you change the time offline and doesn't have any plans to change this (Feature Suggestion feedback).  You mentioned having an older phone.  From time to time, Fitbit changes the minimum phone operating system to run the Fitbit app.  If your phone can't upgrade to the minimum OS, it also means that Google no longer supports your phone.  Google stops releasing security updates to unsupported phones.  The same is true for iPhone users.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hi @AnnaBanana53 .  I'm sorry, but Fitbit doesn't let you change the time offline and doesn't have any plans to change this (Feature Suggestion feedback).  You mentioned having an older phone.  From time to time, Fitbit changes the minimum phone operating system to run the Fitbit app.  If your phone can't upgrade to the minimum OS, it also means that Google no longer supports your phone.  Google stops releasing security updates to unsupported phones.  The same is true for iPhone users.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer