Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 battery drain over night

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is it possible to get a replacement battery? For the last week, my Versa 3 has gone from being charged to 100% to draining over night (~12 hours). Very frustrating as it is also relatively new.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, it's most likely not the watch battery that is the problem.

There are various features and bugs that use the battery.

If you enabled Snore detection and monitor SpO2 over night, along with having the phone's Bluetooth on that could be a cause of quick battery drain.

Have a look at the main battery drainers How to resolve the Major issues causing short battery life. 

If you recently updated the firmware, or with some versions of the App, there could be an issue with battery usage.

See Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life? for more details.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Hi, it's most likely not the watch battery that is the problem.

There are various features and bugs that use the battery.

If you enabled Snore detection and monitor SpO2 over night, along with having the phone's Bluetooth on that could be a cause of quick battery drain.

Have a look at the main battery drainers How to resolve the Major issues causing short battery life. 

If you recently updated the firmware, or with some versions of the App, there could be an issue with battery usage.

See Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life? for more details.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the tips on how to extend my battery
Life. However, I’m have the same problem despite doing everything suggested
in the article. my device is still going from being fully charged to 0% in
less than 12 hours. The problem seemed to happen suddenly last week. Are
there other options? For such an expensive and fairly new device, this is
quite disappointing.
--
"O, there has been much throwing about of brains."
- Rosencrantz, (Hamlet, 2.2.359-66)
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, but this did not work. I did everything recommended and the device still does in the span of ~12 hours 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you followed the recommended battery saving tips and it still does not work probably best to contact Fitbit Support directly. They may be able to help you.

Also reachable via the Fitbit App, click profile photo, Help & Support, Contact Customer Support.

Best Answer

Hey @Lasseterh "The problem seemed to happen suddenly last week."
If you did not change any settings or update, it could be mechanic since there should be no reason for your watch to have changed behavior (unless Fitibit update their servers)
Are you using the original cable to charge ? any problems with the electrical outlet ? 
It can also be a defective battery ? two many cycles already ?

I have mine since the launch and I charge it once a week. Of course i removed all the useless stuff and optimize settings.

Best Answer

Thank you for the reply. I suspect it is something with the fitbit watch itself - I'm using the correct charger and cord, and the wall outlet is successfully charging other devices. I've only had the watch for a couple of months (not sure on exact purchase date) and only charge as needed, so I would doubt it's too many cycles of being charged.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you - I've contacted customer service.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lasseterh 

Then you should apply as quick as possible for a replacement since it is obviously an hardware issue. I think there is 3 months warranty.

Good luck !

Best Answer

Hi there, @Kalieb. Nice to see you around. @TryDebian and @Guy_ your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa 3 and for all details you mentioned in your posts. I understand where your concern is coming from.

I've seen you reached out to our Support Team after posting here. If you have any questions regarding the outcome of your case, please feel free to contact our team back so they can clarify any doubt. 

See you around. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is having similar issues

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Maria71  -  in addition to best answer, even though some items may not apply to a Charge 3 have a look at the items in How to resolve the Major issues causing short battery life. 

Best Answer
0 Votes