Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleaning and Care

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is the woven band difficult to clean? I'm worried that it will get dirty and smelly from sweating.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I'm assuming you mean the woven band you get with the versa special edition?

I've not used mine enough to note any issues but it does seem that it is not as robust as the elastomer bands. Fitbit say:

• Wipe down the band with a non-abrasive, lint-free cloth. If needed, you can hand wash the band in cold water with mild soap, making sure to rinse thoroughly.
  • Let the band air dry. Direct sunlight, high temperatures and humid conditions can cause discoloration or damage over time.
  • The materials used in these accessories are intended to be worn during normal daily activity. They are not intended to be worn during high-intensity workouts or sleep, which could affect the overall appearance and quality of the accessory is maintained.
  • To minimize discoloration and damage to these bands, limit exposure to moisture and substances like perfume, insect repellent, oil, lotion or dyed materials like denim.

taken from: www.fitbit.com/productcare

My reading from that is that the woven band is not really meant for use for workouts where you get that sweaty.

Best Answer

Not intended to be worn for sleep?  What do they suggest doing if the Versa is purchased for the sleep tracking element?  Is there a replacement band?  I'm allergic to the original bands and thought this would be a good solution.  

Best Answer

The versa special edition does come with a standard black elastomer band along with the woven band. But if you're allergic to those then you might need to look for a 3rd party alternative on the likes of Amazon.

Best Answer