Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condensation inside HR sensors

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Versa lite stopped working completely. Not resetting, not charging. Not responding in any way. Clearly seen water condensate inside on heart tracking sensor. Last time it was deepened into the water like never, except washing hands, and a shower. Charged and worked till yesterday. How the hell water can go inside 50-meter WATERPROOF device? Why did it worked so long? Clearly a manufacturing defect. Whats my options now?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Fitb1t0ne. I am sorry for the delayed response.  

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing that your Fitbit Versa Lite stopped working and has condensation inside the heart rate sensors. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feedback, I understand your concerns. I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support team, for them to assist you further and provide a solution. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Did they replace your fitbit versa lite? Mine just did this and I'm so disappointed.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Hillyard04.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue with your watch. I totally understand how you are feeling. I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. Please keep an eye on your inbox. In the meantime, you can take a look at this page for more information about the warranty policy. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Today, I felt two vibrations and then watch stopped. I put it on the charger when I got home, but it never lit up. Left it there for a few hours, still a blank screen, only now it's burning hot as well. When I turned it over, only one of  the middle bars was lit up and condensation was showing up in the other other bar areas. I never put it in water, not even to shower. This is my second replacement since buying it in December. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Laew.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing the details of the issue with your device. I appreciate the additional details. I've sent your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You will receive an email from them soon.

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I put it on the charger when I got home, but it never lit up. Left it there for a few hours, still a blank screen, only now it's burning hot as well. When I turned it over, only one of  the middle bars was lit up and condensation was showing up in the other other bar areas. I never put it in water, not even to shower.

Hi Laew,

The air inside the watch has a small amount of moisture in it. Not particularly unusual. When your Versa got hot due to an internal battery or electronic issue/fault, the difference between the internal and external parts of the device caused vapor to form on the inside of the hot part.

The condensation should dissapear when the Versa cools.

Sounds like the electronics are faulty. So likely not to live again.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine did this too.Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note8, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @PaulMe @Hillyard04, it's nice to see you again in our Community Forums. 

@PaulMe I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing your comments.

@Hillyard04 thank you for your input. I could see that our Support team got in touch with you regarding this matter. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide you a solution, please keep working with them.

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is exactly what is happening with mine.  Visible condensation,  won’t charge/turn on and became extremely hot when on charger. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Clarke11.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue with your device. I appreciate the additional details. Upon checking with our Support team, I was told that you have already contacted them. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide a solution. I recommend to continue working with them since they have already all the details and special tools to continue assisting you. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This just happened to me, what was the solution!? I feel lost without my Fitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The exact same thing happened to me. I’ve never had a problem with water before and now all of a sudden this happened. It was extremely hot when I took it off the charger and that’s when I noticed the condensation. My Fitbit isn’t turning back on now so I am hoping I can get some help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Chrisaaag and @Jackie9502.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue with your devices. I understand how you are feeling and recommend getting in touch with our Support team so they can look deeper into the issue and help you with this matter. Click here to get connected with them via chat or phone.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing here. Tried to restart several times had hasn’t shown any signs of life. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you end up getting a replacement or repair? The same thing has happened to me, very frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Clarke11,

This happened with my Versa exactly. It's never been submerged and just suddenly turned off yesterday. When I placed it on the charger it got extremely hot so I removed it. I noticed slight condensation on the sensors so I have it in rice now. Hoping that resolves it. Did yours ever turn back on? Was there any resolution to your problem?

Thanks,

EMW203

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just happened to mine. Have had my versa2 for about 3 years, have worn it in pools and lakes many times over that period. Went to the pool yesterday and came home and the watch wouldn’t turn back on. Charged it for a while and it got very hot. Noticed condensation in the sensors but no lights.

Best Answer
0 Votes