Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coupon for Pebble owners

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there a chance that the $50 offer for Pebble owners on the Ionic will be extended to include the Versa? The Versa actually looks nice (it looks a lot like a Pebble Time Steel, actually), and I can see myself swapping out my Charge 2 for this. 

Best Answer
103 REPLIES 103

Well there was another recent thread I don't see right now where someone received a non working Blaze, and they were on their own from Fitbits standpoint. And they were talking no help from ebay either. It was looking like they were just out the cash. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Last week they were for sale all over the place got $260.  You could have even purchased it for that price from QVC and spread it out over 5 payments.

This week it is back up to normal price

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too am a proud Pebble owner of a Pebble Time which my daughter now is in possession of and a Pebble Time Steel. My boyfriend is also a proud owner of a few Pebbles as well and is much more tech savvy then I and is comfortable with the concept of the Rebble potential. I like the look of the Versa and would love to give Fit Bit a try but they sure aren't making it easy. The customer service that I have received has been awful and I am not sure why I really want this Versa based on they way I have been led astray on the Ionic coupon. I signed up for Fit Bit email and have gotten nothing nor have I received anything at all from Fit Bit about the coupon except that it would be coming out in the Spring. Versa came out in Spring where is our coupon?

Best Answer

I have an og Pebble which, as you know, suffered from the screen cable detachment problem everyone else has, I talked to Pebble and they gave me a reduction on any Pebble I wanted, I was waiting for their newest product to use the link until you came and changed everything. 

I didn't even know there was a coupon for Pebble users, and even if I did I wouldn't have chosen the ionic because of the weird shape, if you want to give a coupon for a product do it with something that looks like an actual watch and is wearable on most occasions, not with an alien looking, sci-fi design that I can't wear if I'm not running. 

The Versa on the other hand ticks that box and it would be great if you extend your offer to those who either chose not to go with ionic for any reason, and those who haven't heard about the coupons before. Give ONE chance for each Pebble owner to get any ONE watch from you at a reduced price, that's all, please.

Best Answer

Well, I got my $200 new (sealed) Ionic on Mercari.  It's a nice piece of hardware.  UX has some significant negatives.  The Pebble Time Steel was/is much better as a smartwatch.  Still, I'm happy enough with my Ionic for exercise purposes, which is how I intend to use it, and continue to use my Pebbles the rest of the time.  Still, if Fitbit ever actually makes good on their discount promise and includes the Versa I'd probably pick one up in the hope that software updates and more watchfaces and apps make it closer to a proper Pebble successor relatively soon.

However, Fitbit had better come though soon if at all.  They made $0 off my Ionic purchase, and they can't compete with the prices they are widely selling for -- used Ionics are already plentiful in the $100-150 range.  I'd guess they only have a few months before new, sealed Versa's are readily available for $150, the sale of which makes Fitbit nothing and doesn't even count toward the number of units shipped.  Retailers are selling Versa's for the same price as Fitbit directly, and there must be some margin so Versa's sold wholesale to retailers have to be discounted to some degree.  I doubt it would kill them to make good on this offer even if it just matches the wholesale price per unit.

Best Answer
Totally agree with this! Reasonable approach would be to discount the same fraction of the price, rather than the full $50. Ionic was $300 so that was a 1/6 discount. The versa is $200 so that comes out to like a $32 discount. I think expecting them to knock the price down by 25% is a lot to ask, this way there would be consistency. The main point is the gesture anyway; the "we actively want the pebble community" part.
Best Answer
0 Votes

If you love your pebble then you will be disappointed with this watch. I tried the ionic and ended up returning it. Night and day difference.  Fitbit is a business and even if they do give a discount it won't be until the first wave buy it for full price. 

BTW, I still have not received my $50 coupon. I was a Kicksterter backer too. 

Best Answer
I would agree I have an OG and pebble 2. I got my wife the versa and it is
years behind the pebble OS. They might catch up eventually but I'm sad ill
never get a time 2
Best Answer

Following!!!

Best Answer

Well it appears it's $249 everywhere, including here. So no need to wait for the never arriving Pebble offer. 

@Skpwow74 wrote:

If you love your pebble then you will be disappointed with this watch. I tried the ionic and ended up returning it. Night and day difference.  Fitbit is a business and even if they do give a discount it won't be until the first wave buy it for full price. 

BTW, I still have not received my $50 coupon. I was a Kicksterter backer too. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kennewickman yep - even the Versa can currently be had for $150 on Amazon.  Nice FU from Fitbit there... good way to help ensure their investment in the Pebble ecosystem was $ wasted.  The app and watchface situation is anemic and doesn't look to be getting much better.  Had they followed through on getting more Pebblers onboard that would be a different situation.  The sale feels like an act of semi-desperation given what appears to be a much bumpier reception for the Versa than expected.  Sad stuff.

Best Answer

@Kennewickman I ended up getting the Versa SE from Staples. They sent me an offer for 10% discount on anything over $150, that was $30 on the Versa SE. This was in Staples Canada. I guess it would be the same in the US. I've been subscribed to their newsletter, but I usually get $10 or $15 off in $150. 

Then I got this 10% deal right after the pebbler discount proposal changed to "Not currently planned" https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Open-The-Pebbler-Fitbit-Discount-to-the-FitBit-V...

I'm quite happy with the Versa SE. Still missing a couple of things from the Pebble Time, but I love the look of the Versa and the fitness tracking features. We have to give Fitbit a bit of time. When we started with the Pebble watches we only had a few features that were improved with time. The same will happen with the Versa.

The battery is lasting 4 days with moderate usage and all day sync off. Fitbit pay is pretty convenient and it works great. 

Best Answer

@SenorBeefmuffin wrote:

@Kennewickman yep - even the Versa can currently be had for $150 on Amazon.  Nice FU from Fitbit there... good way to help ensure their investment in the Pebble ecosystem was $ wasted.  The app and watchface situation is anemic and doesn't look to be getting much better.  Had they followed through on getting more Pebblers onboard that would be a different situation.  The sale feels like an act of semi-desperation given what appears to be a much bumpier reception for the Versa than expected.  Sad stuff.

So, I went right to Amazon.com after reading this. I'm not seeing Versa for $150?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmm IDK I could swear I saw it there for $150 last night... but now it shows $199.  Anyway, there's definitely this deal to get one for $150:

https://www.cnet.com/news/get-a-fitbit-versa-for-149-96/

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SenorBeefmuffin wrote:

Hmm IDK I could swear I saw it there for $150 last night... but now it shows $199.  Anyway, there's definitely this deal to get one for $150:

https://www.cnet.com/news/get-a-fitbit-versa-for-149-96/

From cnet.

Update: I received and successfully tested a code this morning, but now readers are reporting that Macy's is excluding this item. 😡

This Guy obviously posted his neat trick without actually trying it. Or even reading the exclusions. Watches and smart watches are listed. exclusions

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ahh... sorry to perpetuate it then.  Looking at camelcamelcamel which tracks Amazon prices I guess what I saw was that Amazon has the Ionic for $249 and it melded with the $149 offer news and gave me the false impression I saw the Versa on Amazon for $149... barring any other less straight-forward explanations.  Amazon is known to automatically reprice things on the fly so even having it go down and back up wasn't completely unbelievable.

That said, you can set an alert to notify you if the price drops below some amount at this link: https://camelcamelcamel.com/Fitbit-Versa-Smartwatch-Aluminium-Included/product/B07B48SQGT

I set one just to be better informed even though I don't currently plan to buy a Versa anymore.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Honestly, to me it isn't even about the money. It never really was. I only started this thread out of curiosity because it said watches running fitbit os (and I;d take a discount if it were offered).

The thread took off, and the response (or lack of) from Fitbit just sort of annoyed me. Pebble people are very loyal, and one way to get more people who have the loyal mentality is to give them a reason to be loyal.

No, I don't think fitbit owes anyone anything, but the silence *even on the watch they did make a deal offer for* hasn't showed any sort of action. So I don't care anymore. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My thoughts on this whole situation....

1. Why did Fitbit purchase Pebble if they were not going to use the technology and designs that were the best features of Pebble watches?

2. If Fitbit wants to keep Pebble customers, why restrict the purchase to the watch of Fitbit's choice? Let the CONSUMER choose according the THEIR needs! I am very petite and cannot wear the Ionic, but the Versa will fit.

3. Fitbit is having issues with the Versa straight out of the gate, as well as with other products of theirs. If Pebble users are still willing to take a chance at purchasing ANY of your products, let us use the coupon and be happy to gain a potential customer.

4. Fitbit's cusomer service apparently leaves a lot to be desired. Any purchase by a new customer is another opportunity for the company to redeem itself, so if you let us use the coupon, what is there to lose?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my email with the coupon code but the small print says US only which is not so helpful as I'm in Australia. Any chance of it being extended internationally? I've been a pebble wearer since the first one and my round is slowly dying 😞

Best Answer

I got the email today as well. Not good for very long either, similar to the last one. To late for me, I already purchased the Versa, per-ordered it in face. So no love for the long term Pebble user that took a chance on the Versa! Really just kidding, although would be awesome to be able to send this in like a rebate for past purchase. Pretty happy with the switch from a Pebble Time Round.

Best Answer