Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coupon for Pebble owners

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there a chance that the $50 offer for Pebble owners on the Ionic will be extended to include the Versa? The Versa actually looks nice (it looks a lot like a Pebble Time Steel, actually), and I can see myself swapping out my Charge 2 for this. 

Best Answer
103 REPLIES 103

I'm a pebble backer and I didn't get one!! 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems like many people who registered for a coupon have already received their emails but add me to the list of those who still haven't seen anything.  I'm not certain I'll use it... but would be pretty frustrated if I never even receive it.  I figure if it doesn't come sometime today then it's never coming.  I'll update if/when it arrives.

There also seems to be a lot of confusion as to whether the offer is good for non-US people.  Some report emails that say US-only, others say the email has a list of eligible countries.  (facepalm)

Best Answer

@SenorBeefmuffin @Kennewickman

I also received the email with the coupon. Thanks to Fitbit for doing this welcoming gesture to the Pebble owners. That was what most of us wanted to see.

I already got a Versa SE and I'm happy with it coming from a Pebble Time. I bought it from Staples with a similar discount but it was nice to see the subject line "One last perk for being a Pebble loyalist".

These are the terms of the offer for those asking if it is US only:

Offer limited to Pebble device users via special Fitbit link. Offer expires at 11:‌59p‌m PS‌T on Ju‌ne 1, 20‌18 and includes up to one (1) Fitbit Ionic or one (1) Fitbit Versa and cannot be combined with other discounts. Only one discount code can be activated per recipient of offer. Device discount varies depending on local currency and will be $30 USD, $40 CAD, £20, €30, 199 DEK, 299 NOK or 299 SEK off Fitbit Versa or $50 USD, $70 CAD, £40, €50, 349 DEK, 449 NOK, 449 SEK off Fitbit Ionic. Only users residing in the following countries are eligible for this offer: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Switzerland, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands, Italy, France, Finland, Spain, Ireland, Germany, Denmark, Belgium, Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia and Turkey. Offer cannot be combined with other discounts or applied after an order has been placed. No adjustments on previous purchases. Terms of offer subject to change. Void where prohibited.

Best Answer

I signed up once, but received emails at two accounts. both of which were used at Fitbit. One is the one used to sign in to the Fitbit app, and the other is one is used for online ordering/business/finance etc stuff. So maybe they used that google doc - maybe not.

Any Pebble people thinking of moving to the Versa: Don't expect it to be Pebble build quality. Not even close. The screen was scratched just looking at it, switching out the bands, I went for one walk. Somewhere along that path of time I ended up with a lit of little scratches. I have an original Pebble that looks fine, not to mention the PTS and PTR that are both absolutely flawless looking after much wear. $239 and a cheap plastic screen. What a shame. I have learned my lesson. Never again.

Software isn't bad though.

p.s. they have that more business related address because I already ordered the Versa SE (as you might be able to tell above). I really did not expect fitbit to do anything; they sat on this forever with no word and we were told in *this thread* that I started that there would be NO DISCOUNT. So no coupon for me. Again -- lesson learned; never again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Test? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Strange @Kennewickman I got your response in an email but don't see it here.  Then one of the times I clicked the link to the thread it showed as being removed.

Best Answer

So I too got the emal but it is a day late dollar short since I bought my Versa on Amazon weeks ago. I may use it to purchase one for my daughter but she might get too frustrated with all the issues that seem to be festering still a month plus out. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RHHFit

The email I got had these terms

*Offer limited to valid Pebble device users via special Fitbit link. Offer expires at 11:‌59p‌m PS‌T on Ju‌ne 1, 20‌18 and includes up to one (1) Fitbit Ionic or one (1) Fitbit Versa and cannot be combined with other discounts. Only one discount code can be activated per recipient of offer. United States residents only. Offer cannot be combined with other discounts or applied after an order has been placed. No adjustments on previous purchases. Terms of offer subject to change. Void where prohibited. 
**Receive a $30 or $50 Fitbit prepaid Mastercard with mail-in rebate. For complete details, read terms and conditions at fitbitrebates.‌com. Offer expires at 11:‌59p‌m PS‌T on Ju‌ne 1, 20‌18 and includes up to one (1) Fitbit Ionic or one (1) Fitbit Versa and cannot be combined with other discount

And the terms you posted don't include Australia either so I'm guessing no luck for us. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Davinagifford

It is weird we got different emails and yes I noticed they are excluding Australia. Anyways I would suggest checking for a discount from a local retail store and you will have more freedom to exchange it if something goes wrong. The previous offer for the Ionic was also for local retailers not only on Fitbit.com. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Australians are people too 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SenorBeefmuffin -- my message was marked as spam, and I contacted moderators as suggested, but I received no reply. 

A condensed version (if it isn't removed) was just to point out that if I were the sort of have a sense of humor regarding this situation, I;d almost think it was funny that I started this thread. It took ff and a lot of people became interested. It might have influenced Fitbit's decision to extend the offer to Versa buyers -- or it might not have.

But -- based on information given in this thread by someone apparently authorized to speak for Fitbit, and marking my post as "resolved" (twice), and waiting even longer for news about that google form we filled out. I figured no offer was coming. 

So I bought a Versa SE from fitbit.com not too long ago. Now they send me two emails to two different accounts informing me of an offer I am no longer eligible to receive. Because, you know, I was told no deal, so I just decided to buy one on my own.

Well -- lesson learned. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! I have a Pebble 2. I didn't even know this was happening :'( how do I sign up for this discount since my pebble isn't going to continue to work? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all, I thought I'd report back since this thread was so helpful and let you guys know I was finally able to order my Versa for $30 off EVEN THOUGH I did not get the email offer from fitbit.  It took time, diligence, patience, a good attitude, and having all the documentation.  

Here's how it played out:

• Last Friday, 5/25 I checked this thread to see that the offer had been extended to Versa, but there was confusion on the offer and who got it
  • I did online chat with Fitbit CS and explained that:
    • This forum said there was an offer
    • I was a Pebble user AND signed up for the Ionic offer in the spring (and had the email confirmation that my submission was accepted)
    • That I understood that not everyone may have gotten the offer, but could they check to see if would get it?
  • I was asked to send a link to this thread, and also upload a screenshot of my email confirmation for the promo request, which I did
  • The CS person confirmed there was an offer out there, and that it would expire June 1st.  He said also only select customers received the offer, but that my case would be escalated and they would get back to me.  I asked when an ETA of a response would be, and he said he would likely email me that day with a resolution
  • The CS person did NOT get back to me that day, or the day after, so I this time I CALLED on Sunday.  They did have my case, and could see the chat, but said the case was being reviewed and they would definitely get back to me soon.  Since it was a holiday weekend, I said no problem, but would like a response before the coupon expired. 
  • No response Sunday, or Monday (memorial day).  So Tuesday after giving them an entire business day, I called CS after 6 pm PDT, and asked them to look at my case
  • They said my case was under review still.  I made mention now that it had been 5 days and no response, and that I'd really like to order the product now if I could get the discount, since my Pebble was scheduled to die in a month.  I did ask nicely, since they told me that only selected customers got the offer, and I knew wasn't entitled to anything
  • The CS went to his direct supervisor, apologized that no one had contacted me in 5 days and clearly I had been waiting, and offered me the $30 on the Versa, which I ordered on the spot (but it's backordered, lol)

I just emphasized that it would be a nice gesture to offer it, and that I would like to know quickly as the offer was set to expire to quickly. He did say that since I signed up for the offer (AND had the confirmation email) that it helped make my case.  Your mileage may vary, but I was happy to receive the discount and hope I enjoy it as much as I loved my Pebble.

Thanks for starting this thread!  

ETA. I'll add if you do a chat with CS and they say they'll get back to you, definitely ask when they will get back to you.  I think just the fact that he noted he'd get back to me in the same day helped my case, since they may have given me the discount since they felt sorry for me waiting days for a response. 🙂

Best Answer

I signed up for this supposed discount on 1-24-18.  

Forgot about it until a news article came across my tech news sites that reminded me that Pebble services is shutting down end of this month.

Still love my Pebble Time Steel....but recently on my Pixel phone, it updated and now I can not dismiss calls on the watch. Phone just keeps ringing on.

Never cared about the Ionic FitBit. But the Versa...a possible option.

Remembered this discount thing, found my saved submission email. 

Never got any email on or around 5-23-18 form FitBit, as several others here have posted.

I did the customer service chat...basically told ...to bad.

"I received the answer, and the higher support team said that if you didn't receive the coupon email, there is nothing we can do. And the promotion was available only from May 23 to June 1 first, because they needed to process the orders, even if they shut off the services until June 30. "

Really, 9 day window!!??  None of those terms were posted on the sign up page or conformation email after i submitted my Pebbles serial number. 

So...forget FitBit. They obviously do not care about Pebble users.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just found this thread as well as discovering  the expired offer after updating my pebble app this morning.

I called customer care this morning and they had no offer available.

I love my pebble round but know its days are numbered. The fitbit versa seems like a great replacement.

It would be great if fitbit would extend their discount offer to those of us who never got the offer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought my original Pebble in-store (retail), but how can I get a coupon towards an Ionic that I can purchase, since the Pebble is now officially  discontinued?

Best Answer
0 Votes

You don't. 

If you had actually read this thread....u would know this.

This coupon offer was a limited time offer and is no longer offered...that they did a crap job implementing as many never got the offer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you really liked your old Pebble, then you're going to be severely disappointed in the Versa. It looks nice but that's about it. Functionality wise it's a mess.

Best Answer
Best Pebble replacement I found an even better battery life is Amazfit Bip
30 day battery 10 days with GPS
Best Answer
0 Votes

The Amazfit Bip looks great. I think I will get one. Thanks for posting about it.  

Best Answer