Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did a factory reset, not connecting

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I did a factory reset, but now I just get the start up message in different languages.  If I remove the watch from my account just to re add it will I lose all my data?  I will officially have my watch a year on 19 Dec.  The main issue that led me to the factory reset was the touch pad wasn't responding, so had to do several restart and then it would work for week then it would act up again.  Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.  I have been a fitbit member since Dec 2012 and love them, so I just bought the new Versa Sensa.  Hopefully won't have issues with it next. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

If you did a factory reset then any data on the device is lost. Any data that was synced to your account is still there. When you do a factory reset you need to relink the unit to your account. First you need to go to your phone's bluetooth settings and unlink the unit from the phone (if it is still linked). Then on the phone app you should remove the device and then add it back to your account. The setup will be just like when you first got the phone. The factory reset changes the internal settings and the app sees it as a new or different device than the one you had linked before.

While your Fitbit charges or you just want to catch your breath, join us on the Lifestyle Discussions

Community Council Member

Warren | Cincinnati, OH

Versa Lite, Ionic, Charge3, Inspire HR, Blaze(retired), Alta( retired),- Pixel 3

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes