Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficult time with replacing Fitbit Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been a loyal fitbit customer for over 5 years, and their customer service has always been helpful, until now.  They recently changed their policies so now you have to send them your defective watch before theyll send you a replacement.   The new process is absolutely TERRIBLE!  My screen on my brand new versa is all sorts of wonky, not only did I have to call customer service 4 times today to get the replacement, now they're saying it could take up to a MONTH to get a replacement.  How is that acceptable.  Previously they have sent replacements and not even needed the original returned, now you have to return and then wait while they try to figure out what's wrong before sending you a new watch.  I wear this thing every day to track my walking (ps i'm pregnant with diabetes so i have to be vigilant about activity) and they're saying i now have to go weeks without it.  What's the point in spending all of this money if it doesn't work, and when it doesn't work you take a month to replace it?  AWFUL Customer service decisions being made at Fitbit. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
35 REPLIES 35

It is not the "returning first" part, it is how they handle the return and it seems as though they intentionally take as long as possible.... This watch has only been out for couple of months, so obviously they are under warranty. From Illinois to Indiana, and back again should not take a month.

Best Answer
0 Votes
@Janicki

I'm glad your back on track. I've enjoyed having mine but am conscious of how much I wear it. I hope this thing lasts more than a month. I've decided that it's probably not able to handle water immersion (as advertised) so I will take it off before I get in a pool. I already knew you should never press any buttons underwater but I read a post about someone claiming you should actually press a button after a swim to release water with other smart watches.

And you're right about a product released in April by FITBIT should be of better quality all around. Fraud and misuse isn't an issue with us so they should be super sensitive about their new flagship product being so defective and their response shows they aren't. They had my watch longer than I ever owned it.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer

buy yours at a store like best buy with the extended warranty  thats what I did and I am thinking of replacing it with the new charge3 in November  cause my sleep stages is not working  

Best Answer
0 Votes
You are right. I don't want to say I was being cheap, but it is my first $200 dollar watch and i didn't want to think of it as a relationship. I thought the brand would stand up for itself if there were any problems on their end. Lesson learned.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
And now they ate not offering the extended warranties for the versa. I wonder why

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Old thread yes but figured I'd share my experience this far. Got a versa from a family member this past Xmas. Never got around to using it for the first few months u til my Basis Peak kicked the bucket. Had nothing but syncing issues with it from the get go. I'm a tech savvy person, I run my own computer repair business, so I troubleshooted every possible way that I could find. The Bluetooth connection on it was horrid, it would drop me seconds after connecting post the latest firmware installation, during setup it auto updates so no way to avoid it. Only time it would sync was on the charger over WiFi which if I'm out and about does me absolutely no good and defeats the purpose of having a smartwatch.

So I contact support a d humor myself as they walk me through step by step of everything I've already done. Factory reset, reinitialize with the app, update and blam back to square one, restart watch restart phone, nothing, remove other connected devices, restart Bluetooth, nothing. So they told me to send it in to Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, this is evidently their support warehouse. Now I get having to send it in, no biggie, but at least the rest of you got a prepaid shipping label. I didn't even get that much, just and address. I asked for an RMA number and was told "they'll know what watch it is". How? The serial number I am assuming, but seriously the nonchalant attitude like 'Dude, trust us we got you bro.' attitude is not something I appreciate. I download a transcript of the conversation post inquiring whether the Ionic is having the same issues, which I was told "No." I then followed up by asking if I could just pay the difference and get an Ionic instead so I wouldn't have to deal with the issues. Once again, told no that was outside of their warranty replacement policies, figured as much.

So I send it off, First Class USPS from Oregon to Ontario. I discover no tracking number on the receipt so contact support and send them a copy of the receipt for shipping, they again state that upper support will know it's mine.

I get curious a d check transit times for First Class INTERNATIONAL and see 7 to 21 days. Are you kidding me to have it any faster I would have spent $20+ on shipping. Why a replacement couldn't have just been sent out is beyond me. So now I sit, metric tracking ACE personal trainer without a way to quantify my cardiac health and relative activity because Fitbit's support doesn't understand that the devices are used in ways other than earning badges and as a glorified pedometer. Why they no longer offer prepaid shipping, require shipping across the country and into Canada which now I can only hope to see my Versa inside of 2 months given transit times and the information I've read here, and seriously if a product has been plagued with issues why not offer the ability to upgrade to the next model for a nominal fee.

Best Answer
I recommend moving on from the versa. It still stings to know ive lost $200 but now that ive moved on, im so much happier with my current device. The versa got popular quickly but others noticed and have responded. You arent going to be satisfied with fitbit. I know the brand has had success this last year (off the versa fitbit) but i dont believe they are able to handle all of the issues of this device.

Its funny... i had an issue with my bose headphones and i simply requested a little charger port cover because mine had torn off. I offered to pay for it! Bose looked up my 1 yr warranty, saw it was expired, said nevermind that, send in the headphones, we'll send you a new pair and restart the year warranty on those new headphones! That is service beyond expectations. Bose can do that. I dont believe fitbit can. I think the versa issues are being written off so that they can get away with whatever this versa lite provides.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
What did you move on to? I’ve had Fitbit for years, but I am perfectly happy to switch for an overall better experience.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I hope you get this...

I have the Samsung active $ 200
Apple watch series 3 is $200
Cant get the apple watch unless you have an iphone...

Samsung active has spotify. 2 day battery. Reliable support.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer

Thank you for posting this. I also bought a Versa back in June and have gone through 4-5 replacements. It died again this past weekend and I am done. I am moving away from this brand completely now. Appreciate your recommendations.

Best Answer

I'm  Waiting on my replacement fit bit also the  Versa  It'sa known issue with this watch They won't give you your money back They just offer a we placement watch or 50% of a new watch that they don't have to worry about me anymore this will be the last time I now was a dedicated   Fit bit watch wearer But now I'm going back to Samsung

Best Answer

Same problem,  I reported a problem they said they would send me a replacement on 9/2. Still waiting I have chatted and spoken to a person like 5 times

Best Answer

This is actually why I came to this forum.  Supposedly they are sending a replacement but it is "gun metal." The non-working one I have and want replaced is black!

Uh-oh!  Reading through these comments is very discouraging as I have been a fitbit user since they first came out.  When my Blaze died last year (out-of-warranty) they offered me a discount on another device - the Ionic I wanted was on backorder, so I got a Versa on sale at Amazon to tide me over.  I've loved it and worn it almost every day for the last 10 months (judging from some comments that's actually good!). Last weekend the battery started not holding a charge - two chats with customer support and they are sending a replacement.  At least I don't have to send my old one back, but starting to think I should have taken them up on the 50% discount on another device.  Any experience with the Versa 2???  Thx!

Best Answer
0 Votes

As I know, the 50% discount does not cover for Versa 2. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Currently having a similar problem replacing my Charge 3.  Provided all the info they needed, including pictures with the handwritten (!) support case number on a paper next to the device with damaged screen.... they told me I was approved for a replacement and they'd send a separate email with the replacement offer - I could get a new Charge 3 or a discount off a Charge 4.   Except that email hasn't arrived.  They respond quickly to my inquiries - say they've sent the replacement offer three times.  But somehow THAT specific email isn't getting through.   I used chat (I'm a premium member) to request the content of the email directly thinking it must be an issue with my domain.  No.  As soon as it was established what the problem actually was, chat went silent.  Looks like I'm cancelling my Premium, waiting for this Charge 3 to COMPLETELY die, and moving on to a new company.  It's a shame, because I have been a loyal customer for over 5 years; since May of 2015. I had a pocket device, then bought a scale, then bought my husband a device, and bought a new device for myself, gave one as a gift.... this is ridiculous.  So unfortunate, but I guess the brand has played out.  Moving on.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
They final fixed my problem it turns out I was approved for my replacement only to find out that the color I had as an options was not available so that was my hold up.  But now my husband who doesn't wear his every day has now mate the same end as the generation on fitbit I has die twice in the same year. Put it on the charger and it doesn't charge.  But when I got the email saying a was approved for my replacement and it did come within a week I started calling every few days. Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes