Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulties to switch bands-Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am a long time Fitbit user and have loved them all until now. I currently have the Versa, which I love everything about it except the band! It shouldn't be this difficult to switch bands on my Fitbit. I had the Charge and Charge 2 prior to the Versa and I would switch bands almost everyday! With the style of the Versa band, it's too difficult to switch them all the time. My husband has the Ionic and that band is easy (like the Charge was). Why is the Versa so difficult?! I'm wishing I would have waited until Fitbit went with another band style or went with a completely different Fitbit. I'm not the only one struggling based on the forum articles that I've seen as well. 

Moderator edit: added label

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi, did you already watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkRUnzJvntU . Good luck in changing bands after this video.

Best Answer

Yes, thank you for the link. That's part of the point....you shouldn't need to watch a video to change out the band. I had to watch the video to figure out the 45 degree angle, which greatly helped. But all in all this band is difficult to change. I can, but it's difficult and that's the whole point. This makes me dread changing out the band. With my Charge 2 I had a variety of colors of bands and changed it out almost daily. I don't even want to order more bands for this one since it's such a pain to change out. And if someone didn't have fingernails, I would have no idea how they would change their band. It's a bummer.

Best Answer

I actually ran across this video after the one that you posted and he also mentions this as one of the top things that he doesn't like about the Versa. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7zQVjReqTs

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, thanks for the video, but already was aware of this video. It's a personal opinion, do not share all of the "hate items".

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you noticed in the video he listed things he loves and hates. I also find that Fitbit customers researching what Fitbit to purchase need to read opinions good and bad about each device. I know if I would have seen something about this band that I would have purchased something different. Just like in Amazon you don't just read all of the good reviews, you also look at the bad to see what other's have to say on both ends. 

I love everything else about the Versa, except the band. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with you. Personally I always search for as much information as possible before buying a new product. I knew both videos before buying the Versa, but nevertheless, like you say yourself, the Versa is an amazingly good product. Regarding the band's issue, it's not only negative, but also has a positive side: when making switching bands too easy, there's is also a greater risk of loosing it whilst f.i. running or biking or the like. The Ionic I owned before the Versa had the same issue. Most of the time it's just a matter of getting the good grip to switch bands. Happy New Year.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree.  It's the worst.  I replaced my Blaze with my Versa and I'm immediately regretting it.   The Blaze was so easy to change out - I could go from workout band to dressy band in seconds and without breaking a nail. 

If I manage to switch from the grey cloth band (unsuccessful so far - even with the video tutorials) to the plastic black one - I'll never try to do it again - and I don't want to wear an ugly plastic band all the time. Unsatisfied customer here for sure.   These products cost enough that something this simple shouldn't be so difficult.  Just bad design.  

Best Answer
0 Votes