Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Versa have Blood pressure monitoring?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Any one know versa has blood pressure monitor or not

Moderator edit: title for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Fitbit Versa does not have the capability to measure blood pressure, however, Versa includes a relative SpO2 sensor. In the future, this sensor could give consumers the opportunity to identify potential health issues like sleep apnea. We are still exploring how this could manifest in the consumer experience, but such technology would use this sensor. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

It doesn't

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks
--
Regards,
MPN Karthikeyan
Best Answer
0 Votes

Versa does not have blood pressure monitoring, but it does have pulse rate monitoring.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Versa does not have the capability to measure blood pressure, however, Versa includes a relative SpO2 sensor. In the future, this sensor could give consumers the opportunity to identify potential health issues like sleep apnea. We are still exploring how this could manifest in the consumer experience, but such technology would use this sensor. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I’d like to challenge FitBit to come up with a way to calculate blood pressure using the Versa.  Similar to how a thermometer temperature reading maybe used orally, rectally, or the arm pit with the results interpreted according to where the temperature was taken. Thus the Versa reading is taken while wearing a band around the wrist as opposed to above the elbow where a blood pressure cuff is typically used.

@AlessFitbit wrote:

I’d like to challenge FitBit to come up with a way to calculate blood pressure using the Versa.  Similar to how a thermometer temperature reading maybe used orally, rectally, or the arm pit with the results interpreted according to where the temperature was taken. Thus the Versa reading is taken while wearing a band around the wrist as opposed to above the elbow where a blood pressure cuff is typically used.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

I just got the Fit bit Versa to replace my $20 fitness tracker watch. 

Where is the O2 monitor?

Blood pressure?

Best Answer

Omg me too! That was kind if a bummer when I switched too. Maybe they want to wait till the Versa 8 or 9.0 version to bring it out, so we spend more money. I saw in old posts that they used to have it, but no longer do. Lame.

Best Answer

My friend just bought a fitness band and it measures blood pressure. I am not sure how, since there is no squeezing. But it has been accurate every time when comparing to her old BP cuff monitor. I'm shocked Versa cant do this. She paid 60 bucks for her band!!

Best Answer
No Versa does not have a blood pressure monitoring,it has only heart beat
monitor
--
Regards,

Karthikeyan MPN
Best Answer
0 Votes
Do you know what kind of band your friend has? I'd like to research it.
Thanks a lot.
Steve
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have one that I bought from wish.com I paid $13.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any plans to integrate blood pressure tracking from 3rd party devices (iProvén, etc) into the Fitbit dashboard? Similar to how my Withings scale shares data with Fitbit.

Best Answer

I saw exactly the same. Surely blood pressure is as important as heart rate. I've had watches in the past with apps that do include taking your blood pressure

Best Answer
0 Votes

It would be fantastic if the SpO2 could be captured live just like heart rate.  I work with many patients with lung diseases or transplants who need to see this metric during exercise, walking or rest that this could greatly benefit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So why is spO2 not reported on the tracker if the sensor is already built in?

Best Answer

It is so lame. Fitbit is one the best trackers out there and to tell me that the technology is not already on my original Vesra Gen. 1 is absurd. They just want us to pay more money 🤷🏻‍:male_sign: plain and simple 🤯 mind-blowing that I paid $180 for this brand new at Kohl's here in Marion, OH 3 Christmases ago

Best Answer

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has Fitbit updated anything on the versa in order to measure blood pressure, since the above post in 2018?  I would really like to have this function but can't afford a new Fitbit.

Agreed!  You'd think it would be much more advanced by now.  Waiting.  Impatiently.  Want the blood pressure monitor on it.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
I don't know. I'm sorry. Have you tried Googling your question?
Best Answer
0 Votes