Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Wi-Fi stay on or not?-Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

What's the deal with WI=FI? I've noticed that when I go into the mobile app on my phone the WI-FI network for my home is listed but does not say connected. When I check the phone about>IP address it says WI-FI off. If I manually connect again from the app with password it takes it, but after some time or going out of range of my phones bluetooth -or shutting off my phones bluetooth, the WI-FI reverts to off. Is this intended?

I either have a lemon or these versas are crap. Syncing music is a nightmare (as in doesn't work, but with no reliable wifi that isn't suprising). I am very close to returning this for a Samsung or other product so I can be on with my life and listen to music from the device. 

Moderator edit: added label

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Your out of range why would it stay connected?

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wendy what do you mean? I'm 10 feet from the router in my house. Is this considered out of range?

Does the versa have to be within range of the phone for bluetooth for WIFI to work?? That defeats the whole purpose. I want to use the versa for music (stored locally) at the gym and leave my phone in the locker room. Further the WIFI shuts off whenever bluetooth on the phone is off (and I then have to manually reconnect from within the app). Is this expected behavior? The app says something about connecting to wifi when transferring or syncing music, which kind if implies WIFI isn't always on. this thing is looking alot like a toy that isn't up to par at the moment unless I'm missing a setting.

Best Answer
0 Votes