Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Versa display heart rate always-on?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I might buy a Versa.  Until last year I had a different brand of heart rate monitor chest strap and watch, but can't find it anywhere.  I am uncertain about how the display would work out for me.  A few questions:

1)  Can the Versa be set to have a continuous display of heart rate during my raquetball game so I can quickly glance down and check my HR hands-free during a volley, or would I have to wake it up?  

2)  Can the Versa be programmed to alert you if your HR exceeds a given value during exercise?

3)  Could I check the time while on my motorcycle without having to remove my hands from the clutch and front brake?

Thanks

Moderator edit: added label

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

1) You can set one of the onscreen stats to show HR during workouts. If its the same as the Ionic, you can set the display to be always on during workout mode (this will have an effect on battery consumption), otherwise set the screen to auto and it will activate when you raise your wrist.

2) Currently you won't be able to set it to alert you if your HR reaches a certain value.

3) If your are able to twist your wrist enough to wake the screen whilst holding the clutch then this shouldn't be a problem. I don't ride a motorcycle so can't say for sure. Some 3rd party watch faces allow the option to keep the display on, but again this will have a negative effect on battery life. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

1) You can set one of the onscreen stats to show HR during workouts. If its the same as the Ionic, you can set the display to be always on during workout mode (this will have an effect on battery consumption), otherwise set the screen to auto and it will activate when you raise your wrist.

2) Currently you won't be able to set it to alert you if your HR reaches a certain value.

3) If your are able to twist your wrist enough to wake the screen whilst holding the clutch then this shouldn't be a problem. I don't ride a motorcycle so can't say for sure. Some 3rd party watch faces allow the option to keep the display on, but again this will have a negative effect on battery life. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

One thing you should keep in mind when considering to buy any fitness tracker is that most of them, including fitbits, are not medical devices.

If you need to check your heart rate during exercise to avoid going above a certain number, you need to be wary of that little fact.

狂乱 Hey Kids!
Best Answer