Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of updates to older versa model?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I noticed the latest release of fitbit os 5.0 won't be available for older versa models.

Does this mean that 4.2 was the last update for older versa. Will no new features come to older versa from now on? Having bought the watch just this year, this is very bad experience

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

@tejasp   I am not a Fitbit employee, but a fair answer is not necessarily.  The Charge 4 has been out for a little while.  Fitbit recently released a Charge 3 firmware update.  If there is a feature that you would like to see on the older Versas, then start a Feature Suggestion.  This is all about economics.  The wearable market is very competitive and people vote with their wallets.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbitos 5.0 is exclusive to sense and versa 3.

For versa 2 this is very very bad!!

Best Answer

The problem is not so much that the earlier Versas are not getting the new OS, but that the new OS 5 requires app developers to rewrite their apps. That means that for older Versas developers will be less motivated to release new apps or updates to existing ones. Same for watch faces.

I have been a loyal Fitbit customer. Started with a Charge 2 which is still alive on my girlfriend's wrist, then a Versa Lite which I had to replace twice under warranty (it wasn't even close to water resistant) and last year I got a Versa 2. I won't be upgrading anymore and this will be my last Fitbit product. Using the "there is a new speaker in the Versa 3" excuse to not release future significant OS updates and not even trying to make lives easier for developers is a major red flag for customers. Apple has no problems releasing the same OS for devices as different as an iPad and an iPhone and on top of that, they can get the latest OS for years after being released.

Best Answer