Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Endless hell trying to set up this Versa 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How many times do I need to keep doing the same steps over and over?
I've got as far as the 4 digit code (3 times now). I've updated the **ahem** thing twice, seems to hang at the end of the process, but it confirmed the first time around.  When you go back into the App, it asks you if you want to set up a new device, but no option to select "No, just use the same on I've been trying to use for the past 6 hours!" FML Someone please help me. Please don't tell me to try the $6.49 app that helps you to connect...pretty sure I'm past that point.  Why are they still selling these for $150 ???

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Yup strike 3.  Another update, says it is synced "moments ago" >>> RESET FAILED" Your data was not cleared. Please try again.  With an OK button that doesn't respond to touch or the button press.

Best Answer

Try deleting any old fitbits you had previously. Then delete the fitbit program from your phone. Then hold the versa 2 button until it restarts. You can also restart your phone before reinstalling the program and starting again. Go step by step and this may get you back on track. 

Best Answer

Appreciate the advice, I'm currently in the middle of a Bluetooth update to see if that works better than the 2 other times over WIFI.  This is my first FITBIT device, although my Mom stopped using it awhile ago and it was probably still synced to her old phone (no longer available).  I think I am on the latest version of the OS, but it keeps wanting to update anyhow.  Incredibly frustrating to think I'll have to go thru the same steps another time after deleting the app I just installed last night. What your answer didn't address was the error message in the Versa 2 about DATA NOT CLEARED.  I don't see the app on my phone helping that situation.  As stated, the app said it was syncing, so why wouldn't it say there was a problem in the APP? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had similar issues - but I kept on - took about 6 times of entering the 4 digit code and finally worked.  Make certain watch is plugged in.  I also restarted the device I  was setting up with - phone in my case.  I also had to restart my Versa 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After 3 more update attempts ALL ending with the same "RESTE FAILED!" error.  Funny thing is BOTH the Win10 app and Android app pair & update (separately - different occasions NOT at the same time).  I finally tried out Twitter support...and no immediate help but they are forwarding it up the chain. Strange thing is after asking for all my issue the person I was messaging with just bailed on me.  No confirmation about the personal info being received, or any Support Ticket # to follow up on!
What is strange is after every reboot it goes black for 1-2 seconds and the error about data not being cleared comes back.  Currently paired to my Android cell, 9 Pie... I even get current heartrate (tested with activity to raise it). UGHH

Best Answer
0 Votes