Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimated Oxygen Variation

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why is this now available on only some Charge 3 and Versas? 

Best Answer
648 REPLIES 648

The EOV data also keeps disappearing from my app but I have found logging out of your account and logging back in fixes the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Lanuza

Is the EOV rolled out  in India. Have bought versa 2 last week expecting this feature but I’m unable to check it under sleep score. Please let me know where I can get this details. Will be very useful 

Thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes

For those who don't have the chart, or simply want to play with the data, I've found that if I download my data archive from Fitbit (you can do that once per day), and take the data from the "Estimated Oxygen Variation" csv file, then invert it (multiply by -1), and smooth it (I use an 8-unit Moving Average) you get about the same chart. The Small/Big line in the chart in the app is about at 35. I shift all the data up by adding 55, so that the Small/Big line is at 90, and easier to plot along with other Pulse-ox data.

Best Answer

So, they have the data, and the necessary tools to make a graph. But just haven't rolled it out yet.

Strange. Must be a lot of data. And there might be a need to optimise their network to cope or something.

I am still waiting.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The cool part is that (at least in my case) the raw data is there going back to when I bought my original Versa nearly a year ago. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Lot out from your account from where?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@pbug56 from your data export page. 

This is what data I can request. 

Screenshot_20200207-051328_Chrome.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

You need to choose the second Option on the Page, "Export Account Archive". This will create a ZIP File which can be donloaded later. Download and unpack this ZIP, you will then find the Oxygen Files. 

Note the following important points:

• The files are splitted at midnight. To create a graph for one night, you have to combine the data of two files, for example, 2020-02-05 and 2020-02-06. Use s Spreadsheet like LibreOffice or Excel to do this.
  • The files do not contain SpO2 values (97.5% for example), but Fitbit's variation data (-100 .. +100). You may use a formula to convert this data back to Spo2 values (as far as this is possible).

I used the exported data and LibreOffice to create this chart for one night:

spo2.png

To me, the data does not look very promising. Maybe (maybe!) Fitbit is still having problems getting out accurate data from the Sensor and this is why they do not distribute it to all customers right now.

Best Answer

Please roll it our now. What’s taking you so long to do it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Which you of the Fitbit users are you addressing @bonalaw?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope... NOT Feb 1st

Samsung Galaxy S8, Sense
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks Rich.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've got a Versa 2 and just got the latest firmware update (35.70.7.21) but I don't see the oxygen stats in the sleep section of the Android application. Any idea if and when they will appear? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

As mentioned by moderators no we do not know.when @Richwolf26. We do know that this update USA fine tuning of the heart rate algorithm and has nothing to do with Oxygen monitoring, which as a few have pointed out simply gets turned on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So do I have to be a premium user for access to this feature?

Best Answer
0 Votes

As previously mentioned @Mistynew no, everyone will get but premium users will see a different chart. 

To get this feature, Fitbit first has to release it to the user. Like all other updates that get released by Fitbit, this one also is getting rolled out and monitored. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok, Thanks for your email
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was told end of January, it's now 2//10/2020....any status on when it will be rolled out to everyone?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I haven't gotten an update
Best Answer
0 Votes

The official response, as we hear is "in the future

Best Answer
0 Votes