Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ever since moving to google, my data is not accurate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Specifically with my sleep score and the time I am asleep. Ever since I connected my google account with fitbit, i can no longer see my sleep data. It does not recognize that I am sleeping. I have a Versa 2 that was working perfectly fine before I merged my data with Google Account.

For example, yesterday I went to bed at like 9:30, 10 PM. However, today my Fitbit says I only slept from like 4 am. Not accurate at all. Most days it is like that. How can I make it go back to tracking accurately? Can I undo the google sync? If not, help me solve my inaccurate sleep tracking. I have tried restarting the watch, synching again but nothing.

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

One of the primary reasons that I use fitbit is to track my sleep. Without that feature, my fitbit is trash.

I am very disappointed that SFB Google has not even responded to this issue.

Best Answer

My problem is my steps are off.  One day they read correct - over 10,000. The next week or so 12 hours are erased from the app and it reads less than 10,000; thus messes up my averages. I contacted support each time. I logged out of the app. Reloaded the app. Factory reset my Versa 2 (pain) all with no luck. I believe this all happened after the Google switch. 

Best Answer
I know exactly what you mean but my case with sleep. It still seems as
though I sleep 2 or 3 hours a day, 6 days a week.

It is probably the most frustrating thing and makes me want to buy
something that's not fitbit.
Best Answer

I have had exactly the same issues as you but then I was experiencing the same before I moved to Google and that was why I moved, but it is obviously the the Versa 2. My biggest issue was Hearbeat stopped recording (intermittently at first, then completely).

Also, although Steps and Calories show a total figure, the detail is a basic block which used to break down by every 15 mins. 

I have rebooted the Fitbit (worked for a bit) then not at all. I have deleted and re-installed the app (no change) and then re-introduced the V2 (using google id) and initially it couldn't find it via Bluetooth until after I deleted unused connections on my phone. It didn't cure anything so I have ordered a new V4. 

I think they all have a shelf life, as I had exactly the same issues with the previous CHARGE 1 and 3 and the original ones before that.

Uuurgh!

Best Answer

Mr. Fox:

Great reply, thank you. I’ve had my Versa 2 for about three years now and maybe it’s time to upgrade to Versa 4. I haven’t got a solution from Fitbit support yet as they are telling me that they are working on it and will contact me with a solution. I’m on support level two. Like an old pair of running shoes, maybe it’s time. Did you get a Versa 4 and did it clear things up?

Best Answer
Awaiting delivery tomorrow.

All the best.

The old grey fox
Best Answer
0 Votes

Awaiting delivery tomorrow,  after 4 days after paying extra for next day delivery. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Vern,

My V4 arrived today and when added to the App it showed all new entries as correct and the detail as it should be. The only issue was that it wiped out the 8.4k steps I had accrued on V2 to the point I introduced it. Oh well, at least I know I accrued 8450 plus the 5247 on the new V4 for today (well, yesterday now). Not bad.

If you can, it might be worth replacing the V2 as I don't think Fitbit are interested in fixing the old kit (call me cynical).

I wonder how long this one will last.

Best Answer

Good job. Good luck with the Versa 4. Thanks for the info. I will consider upgrading to Versa 4 as well. 

Best Answer