Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Every notification works other than texts

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For probably the last 2-3 months since the last update, I've been receiving all notifications other than text messages. I get my call, calendar, and all app notifications, but not my texts. I have tried everything; turning off/on my phone, turning off/on my bluetooth, turning off/on notifications inside the fitbit app & in my settings for messages & fitibit, I've deleted my fitbit app and re-downloaded it - nothing has worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

@GinaMarie982 phone model and OS?

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer

I have an iPhone XS and the versa fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

@GinaMarie982 I suspected as much. I've seen some posts on the forum with the same issue. It seems related to the recent iOS update. For now, you can try this, but I'm afraid iOS users need this issue addressed with Fitbit mobile update:

1. Unpair (remove) Versa from your phone's bluetooth settings
  2. Uninstall the Fitbit mobile app
  3. Reboot your phone and install Fitbit mobile app
  4. Reboot your Versa by pressing and holding the left and bottom right buttons until Fitbit logo flashes
  5. Login to Fitbit mobile app. Do not pair in phone's Bluetooth settings
  6. Grant all permissions incl pairing
  7. Make sure Fitbit Notifications are enabled in your phone Settings. If they are switch them off, sync, switch them back ON, and sync again. Please follow steps 1-3 from my post here to properly set up the notifications on your iPhone.

If you have Wifi set up, go to Fitbit mobile app and remove it, then sync your Versa. I noticed that it causes issues for me. If you have other Bluetooth devices paired with your phone, forget them. One of them might be causing issues. Also, make sure All day sync is enabled.

I know it seems a lengthy procedure but I'd like you to start almost from scratch. Good luck.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

I’ve tried it three times and it still isn’t working 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

@GinaMarie982 I hoped it wouldn't come to this, but I'm afraid the last thing to try is to restore Versa to factory defaults (perform a factory reset) and set it up again. This will wipe your Versa, so please sync first. You will also need to delete your tracker from the Fitbit account (in the Fitbit mobile app) and your Paired Devices list in your phone Bluetooth settings. You can perform factory reset by going to Settings on your Versa, scrolling down to About and tapping Factory Reset. Once Versa resets to factory defaults, you will need to set it up again by adding it as a new device in the Fitbit mobile app. Good luck!

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

Did all that and it’s saying I need to update it before I can use it. The update keeps failing. I’ve done this countless times for a total of maybe three hours. I don’t have time for this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay, FINALLY able to connect and get the update. NOTIFICATIONS ARE STILL NOT WORKING!! 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

@GinaMarie982 I'm afraid this needs to be addressed by the software update. Are you running the latest version of the app? I believe there was a new release on Jan 25 (at least for Android). After the update/installing the app, it's a good idea to reset both Fitbit app notifications (in your phone settings) and Versa notifications (in Fitbit app). 

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, says it was updated last week.

Best Answer
0 Votes