Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise Cues keep resetting to 2 miles-Versa 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This is really weird. My Versa 2 starting acting up a couple of months ago.

The exercise cue has gone crazy. The FitBit app keeps changing my exercise cue Laps from 0.5 miles to 1.9999999999236096 and then sync my Versa 2 to 2.00 miles. Yet, when I look at the website, the cue still shows 0.5 miles. 

I'm having to assume it is either a bug in the Fitbit app, or a bug in the Versa 2 firmware. 

Anyone know how to report this bug?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community, @Fred714.

Thanks for the information provided and for trying to resolve the issue with your Fitbit Versa 2 before contacting us.

In addition to the exercise cues in your Fitbit account, you can customize some settings for each exercise type on your watch. For example, you can receive notifications when you reach certain milestones during your workout. 

Please follow the next steps:

1. On Versa 2, open the Exercise app.
2. Swipe to find an exercise.
3. Tap the gear icon and swipe through the list of settings.
4. Tap a setting to adjust it.
5. When you're done, press the button to return to the exercise screen and start
your workout.

Hope this helps.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the steps above. However, it only helps with symptom, not the cause. It keeps resetting. This definitely seems like a software issue.

I just experimented with syncing the phone app to the watch.

Before the sync, I had the watch and app set for Lap Every 0.5miles.

I synced the app and watch.

The watch changed to 2.00 mi / lap and app changed to 1.999999999999236096 mi under Exercise Shortcuts. 

This is a repeatable Bug.

Watch reset on its ownWatch reset on its ownWhat the phone app showedWhat the phone app showedI reset to 0.5I reset to 0.5After a sync the phone app showedAfter a sync the phone app showed 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update, @Fred714.

Our team has recently released a new version of the Fitbit app for iOS devices 3.40.1. For instructions on how to check your current version and update, please visit this article and open the menu "How do I update the Fitbit app?".

Whether this doesn't help, you can try to set up your watch as a replacement device:

1. Tap the Today tab Fitbit logo and tap your profile picture.
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your device and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.

Hope this helps.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes