Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise minutes are disappearing on my Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My exercise minutes are not working properly.  I check them periodically and see that they are tracking as they should and then suddenly they disappear (go back to zero) or they are reduced throughout the day.  This messes up my 'calories burned', which then makes logging my food useless.  I need to know whether this is a known issue that is being worked on or if this is specific to my tracker.  I've tried resetting it which didn't help.  I tried manually entering the exercise minutes that I lost but that didn't register in my total for the day either.  It pretty much makes my Versa useless except as a step counter.  I would appreciate understanding what the problem is. Thanks.

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

A warm welcome to the Community @talbotsa ! 

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with your active minutes not working properly. Thanks so much for taking the time to troubleshoot it.

To better investigate the issue, I would like to confirm if you lose your active minutes during the exercise? Does this affect only your active minutes or other stats as well? How do you track your exercises? I will be glad to investigate. 

Please check this link to confirm the steps to manually log your exercises. Please take in consideration that the active minutes are awarded when the activity you're doing or logging is more strenuous than regular walking. For more information about how the active minutes are calculated, please see this help article: What are active minutes?

I'll be looking forward for your reply!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi LiliyaFitbit,

I can’t be 100% sure if I lost my active minutes during the exercise or right after the exercise. Depending on the day of the week, I have a ‘routine’. This was on Friday so I first walked my dog and saw that I had 15 active minutes as I was returning home. After I got home, I checked my active minutes and it was zero. After that, I walk 4 miles. Towards the end of the walk I saw that I had 65 active minutes. I realized that I still didn’t have the first 15 minutes of the morning but at least it seemed to be counting them again. Once I got home, those 65 + minutes were also gone and I was back to zero. I kept thinking that at some point the problem would correct itself but it never did. While walking on Sunday, I noted that I had 11 active minutes when I checked at one point but once I had finished my walk, I was down to 9 active minutes.

I let my Fitbit track my active minutes for me rather than deliberately starting it. So I know that I need 10 active minutes in order to begin accruing time. Since I do have normal routines, I know that I would typically have about 90 minutes of activity on Friday morning when I had zero. I noticed that it also didn’t track my sleep on Friday but I think it tracked my steps correctly.

Thanks.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @talbotsa ! Thank you for your reply.

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide the detailed explanation about your device's behavior. Since your Versa is counting active minutes, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support team, for them to take a deeper look at this and investigate why these minutes are lost later. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

I'll be around if you need further assistance.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also am having problems with my BRAND NEW Fitbit recording my activity! I spend 30 to 40 minutes on the Elliptical and 25-30 minutes on a stationary bike (I do start it with the exercise app) and it doesn’t record. Today I did 32 minutes on the elliptical and it didn’t record and 30 minutes on the bike and it didn’t recitation all. My active minutes say I only did 23 minutes! I also worked on the weight machines for 45-60 minutes and that didn’t record! HELP!

Best Answer

@talbotsa wrote:

My exercise minutes are not working properly.  I check them periodically and see that they are tracking as they should and then suddenly they disappear (go back to zero) or they are reduced throughout the day.  This messes up my 'calories burned', which then makes logging my food useless.  I need to know whether this is a known issue that is being worked on or if this is specific to my tracker.  I've tried resetting it which didn't help.  I tried manually entering the exercise minutes that I lost but that didn't register in my total for the day either.  It pretty much makes my Versa useless except as a step counter.  I would appreciate understanding what the problem is. Thanks.

I also am having problems with my BRAND NEW Fitbit recording my activity! I spend 30 to 40 minutes on the Elliptical and 25-30 minutes on a stationary bike (I do start it with the exercise app) and it doesn’t record. Today I did 32 minutes on the elliptical and it didn’t record and 30 minutes on the bike and it didn’t recitation all. My active minutes say I only did 23 minutes! I also worked on the weight machines for 45-60 minutes and that didn’t record! HELP!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the forums @Pgeorgia53! Thank you for joining the conversation and sharing the details of your activity tracking.

Congratulations on your brand new Fitbit Versa! I recommend making sure your device is syncing and by tapping the exercise tile on your dashboard you can see your history and the details of any particular workout. For more information about the exercise tracking methods, see How do I track exercise and activity with my Fitbit device? Let me know if you still don't see your workouts.

Regarding the number of active minutes, please take in consideration that the active minutes are awarded when the activity you're doing is more strenuous than regular walking. Also keep in mind that active minutes are only recorded for activities that last 10 minutes or longer. For more information about how the active minutes are calculated, please see this help article: What are active minutes?

Please keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes