Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIt Bit versa wont connect to wifi

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello I have been trying to connect y new fitbit versa to wifi to set it up and get it working for the last 4 hours... it said it would take 30 minutes... i've tried all the trouble shooting tips listed in the articles, I've watched you tube video tutorials- all, very frustratingly, to no avail.  It seems to be a prodect flaw.  Nothing should take this long or require so much stress. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi, first of all the Versa does not have WiFi on it's own bu uses the Wifi of your Phone or PC. In order to get WiFi working, you will need to do the following:

1. Put your Versa in the Charger abd connect it to your PC/Laptop

2. Go to the Fitbit app on your device and go to WiFi settings (on the page were also Clock Faces and Apps, etc are shown.

3. Press WiFi settings. You should see the name of your Network there. When you did not entered yet the password of your router, do it now by typing it in manually (Capital sensitive). Once done that, you will see a white icon on the right side of the networks name.

4. Press that icon and Fitbit will start connecting to your network. Once connected the icon will turn to blue and says connected.

5. In that case your Versa is also connected to WiFi and you're able to transfer music or the like to your Versa.

Mind though that the Versa will only connect to WiFi in this way. Once you disconnect your Versa from your PC, the WiFi connection of your Versa is disconnected within no time. Good luck.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes- i have attempted to do all this and all the different trouble shooting i could find online.  i also spent an hour on the phone with the fitbit technical support- all to no avail.  we even reset the manufacturer settings.  i think it might be faulty.  He has sent the issue to his superior and says someone will contact me within 48 hours...  a bit of a bummer when I was hoping to go for a run with it this afternoon- what a supreme waste of time and money.   Honestly I've been through so many fit bit products and they all seem to fall apart.  I was hoping to give the company a new chance with this purchase but htat it couldn't even work straight from teh box is so disappointing.  I was wondering if anyone else had issues like this?  

Best Answer

Don't buy any future fitbit products, their support team is terrible and will refuse to fix faulty or defective parts. Sorry this happened to you Crowerin

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I really do understand your frustration. I would advice you to call Customer Support , instead of tech support. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry that was what I meant- in fairness the costumer support guy was very nice but he just couldn’t get the problem solved.   I think I should just send it back.  I don’t want a product that is faulty on day one.  That can’t mean it will last long! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your answer.

Best Answer
0 Votes