Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook Messenger notifications not working on Fitbit Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I bought the Fitbit Versa yesterday and for some reason the Facebook Messenger notifications don't come through to my Fitbit. Text messages come through, but the messenger ones won't. I've even tried setting messenger as the default messaging app within the Fitbit app and the notifications still won't go through! I need the messenger notifications on my Fitbit so I'm worried that this feature doesn't work! 

I'm using Huawei Mate 20 Pro if that makes any difference 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi, yes you mobile device is important in this case cause it's not in the list of supported devices by Fitbit, yet. What you can try to do is this: go to notifications - press it- scroll down to app notifications - press it and a list af all available apps will show up. Look for Facebook Messenger and if it's in the list enable it by clicking on the square right next to it. Good luck!!

Best Answer

I'm guessing my phone simply isn't a good match for the Fitbit then! The notifications are turned on in the Fitbit app as you've suggested- I've tried leaving messenger open on the phone and leaving the Fitbit app open on the phone, but nothing seems to make a difference. Although I noticed every time I close the Fitbit app it brings up a red message at the top saying that I need to restart my phone to get the notifications, but even when I do restart the phone and the Fitbit it still won't work, so I'm not sure what I can do! Hopefully the texts messages will keep coming through fine and I'll just use that rather than messenger 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, at this very moment your phone is indeed not a good match for the Versa, but be patient. It might take not very long before your phone is supported by Fitbit as the Huawei P20 Pro is already supported. 

Best Answer

I have the Huawei P20 Pro and I have the same issues. Messenger won't work and I get the phone restart message. It's not even a new phone anymore so why has Fitbit not updated for it? What phones will the Versa work on? Starting to think buying the Fitbit was a mistake if it can't do what I need it too. 

Best Answer
0 Votes