Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed factory reset

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit wasn't syncing so I deleted the app and re installed it and now my fitbit has a x with a circle around it with a message under it saying data not cleared sync & try again.I don't know where my Vera's is on my app because it's gone.i would like to know what going on because I literally got this fitbit 2 days ago and  I don't know what to do now 

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Your title says a failed factory reset, but your post doesnt sound as this is what you have done. Can you clarify please? 

In the mean time try factory resetting your Versa using the buttons. 

FACTORY RESET USING BUTTONS
On the watch, hold all three buttons for about twelve seconds. This triggers the 2-button hardware reboot after about eight seconds.
- When the Fitbit logo appears, then disappears, release the bottom right button, then continue holding the left and top right buttons until you feel a strong vibration. This indicates the factory reset was initiated.
- This process may take several seconds, and eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays go to Fitbit.com/setup.
- If you fail to release the bottom right button in time, or otherwise don't follow the procedure precisely, the Fitbit logo reappears quickly and boots without factory reset.

If the device turns on, please go back to the Fitbit app and setup your device back to your account with these steps. Make sure your watch is plugged into a wall plug or a computer, next to the router and that there are no other trackers or devices with Bluetooth on nearby when setting up.  Please log into your account, go to account on the upper right corner, there look for "setup a device" and tap on it. Follow the instructions on the screen and let the watch charge for 2 hours.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I have the same message on my Versa...I have no idea what to do...Its basically a $200 bracelet at this point! I am so frustrated!

Best Answer

Doesn't work. So disappointed..had my Versa for 2 days and nothing but problems

Best Answer

mine did the same thing 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This can be frustrating, but if you follow the instructions exactly it should work.  I had to try it multiple times with it not working and finally gave it a rest. The next day tried it a couple of times until the strong vibration finally alerted and let it reboot and finally got the prompt as if it was a new watch.  You have to then make sure you delete the Versa from the app and also your Bluetooth.

Best Answer
0 Votes